X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabapentin 300mg

Just sharing my experience with this medication 300 mg.
    I have restless leg syndrome so the doctor prescribes THIS.
    This drug knocked me out cold all night. It was so good that i slept all morning too.
    When i woke up i was drowsy all day long.
    Ok so i take it next night SAME THING... Knock out!! Drowsy all day.
    Third night i aint takin it cause im still drowsy in fact i knock out this night too without even taking the pill slept like a baby.
    Fourth night GOODNIGHT!!!
    Fifth im back to normal I THINK...haven't gone to bed yet.
    This is a strong drug use only when restless legs are acting up... Not every night like prescribed... Idk im 160lbs.... Might be different for someone heavier.

Originally posted by TrnaDee View Post
    Just sharing my experience with this medication 300 mg.
    I have restless leg syndrome so the doctor prescribes THIS.
    This drug knocked me out cold all night. It was so good that i slept all morning too.
    When i woke up i was drowsy all day long.
    Ok so i take it next night SAME THING... Knock out!! Drowsy all day.
    Third night i aint takin it cause im still drowsy in fact i knock out this night too without even taking the pill slept like a baby.
    Fourth night GOODNIGHT!!!
    Fifth im back to normal I THINK...haven't gone to bed yet.
    This is a strong drug use only when restless legs are acting up... Not every night like prescribed... Idk im 160lbs.... Might be different for someone heavier.
    Can I ask what stage kidney disease you are in? I also have restless legs sometimes and also can't sleep very well. What I wouldn't do for a good night sleep. But I do not want to go the drug route for now.

Comment

Gabapentin has nothing to do with weight of user..300 mg is lowest dose..it can go as high as 3600 mg a day! …it will make most people very drowsy the first MONTH of use. I have it for nerve pain/RLS post auto accident, and it is a life saver.

I take it EARLIER at night, not bedtime, if it makes me sleepier than I want in the morning...so try taking it at 6-8pm…not sleeping is probably the worst affliction, you can't heal or lose stress if you can't rest, the brain will not respond well to constant depravation, so this med is worth taking for that alone.

Comment

I take gabapentin 300 milligram also. Started taking it for nerve pain in my shoulders because I have cervical stenosis. Then I noticed it was helping my neuropathy pain. It works well for neuropathy but the side effects were awuful. I was taking 300 milligrams three times a day. My vision was very blurry, my focus was bad, & my recall was horrible. I forget what I was trying to say in the middle of a sentence. I elected to stop taking it with my doctors ok. But then last week neuropathy pain came back with a vengeance. Now I'm having to go back to gabapentin but I am going to try to reduce the amount that I take as to avoid as much as possible the side effects.

Comment

I also take Gabapentin 300mg for RLS I have had it for years. At one point I was at the max amt you could take.My neuro dr started me on Cymbalta and weaned me off of Gabapentin . After 4 years on Cymbalta it started getting bad again so I started back on Gabapentin and I take 300mg at night. It has never caused me any problems, None of the side effects everyone is talking about. So I think it is wonderful. I still take Cymbalta also. so together my RLS is pretty controlled.

Comment

Originally posted by Charmaine49 View Post
            Gabapentin has nothing to do with weight of user..300 mg is lowest dose..it can go as high as 3600 mg a day! …it will make most people very drowsy the first MONTH of use. I have it for nerve pain/RLS post auto accident, and it is a life saver.

I take it EARLIER at night, not bedtime, if it makes me sleepier than I want in the morning...so try taking it at 6-8pm…not sleeping is probably the worst affliction, you can't heal or lose stress if you can't rest, the brain will not respond well to constant depravation, so this med is worth taking for that alone.
            Hi Charmaine ... You are right. The pharmasist did recommend to take it early before bed so early for me is 10pm. not realizing that actually 6-8pm would be better I guess because I'm new to this medication.
            I think I'm gonna try doing that because again I couldn't sleep last night.
            I really does make you go to sleep. Thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

I am stage 4 CKD and have recently experienced bouts of insomnia. I refused gabapentin because of the side effects especially in older people(I am 75). Am now prescribed Remeron. Has anyone tried that and what is their experience. All these drugs seem to have many side effects

Comment

I am a 77 year old man over weight. I have been taking Gabapentin 100 mg 3 times a day about two years . I take Requip for restless legs 1mg. I usually take 1/2 pill around noon then the other 1/2 around pm. this works best for me.
                I take the Gabapentin for itching skin, I have had no problem with it.
                I also take 100mcg Aranesp injection every three weeks to keep my blood up. I take several other meds for blood pressure and itching skin caused by kidney failure and on oxygen have emphysema
                cjohns

Comment

Originally posted by valeriem View Post
                  I am stage 4 CKD and have recently experienced bouts of insomnia. I refused gabapentin because of the side effects especially in older people(I am 75). Am now prescribed Remeron. Has anyone tried that and what is their experience. All these drugs seem to have many side effects
                  I am 77 also take Remeron 15 mg. also take Gabapentin . With no problems I have stage four kidney failure

Comment

Working...
                  X