High blood pressure - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

High blood pressure

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High blood pressure

Hi everyone, So I know that kidney disease and high blood pressure go hand in hand according to my kidney team. I just recently been put on high blood pressure meds, about 20 days ago, and been experiencing different side effects at different times.For instance, nausua, dizziness tiredness and weakness. So was sent to have my GFR creatinine, sodium potassium etc levels checked. All were good, even better than last months test. So as the days go by, each side effect goes away, Today is my best feeling day. My question is how long does it take for the blood pressure meds take to start working on the blood pressure? My kidney team office is now closed for the holidays, so I just thought maybe someone here would have an idea. thanks

From everything I have read in can take several weeks for its full effect. It lowers my blood pressure in a few hours but I usually have low blood pressure and can't take BP meds all the time. Only when it raises. If your not already you should be keeping a log of your BP. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you, yes your info is helpful. I do take a log a daily log of my BP and nothing has changed yet, so I was curious. Thank you

Comment

Hi Gina yes it usually takes several weeks to go thru its process and your system. btw taking your meds on an empty stomach will make you very nauesated

Comment

The medicines should start showing their effect within a few weeks.
          Quality Urgent Care San Antonio

Comment

interesting, it has been just over two months on the blood pressure meds, and they haven't started helping yet. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by gina789 View Post
              interesting, it has been just over two months on the blood pressure meds, and they haven't started helping yet. Any suggestions?
              You should address this with your doctor. You might need a higher dose or different medication. It should have worked by now.

Comment

Had the same trouble with my blood pressure. Some people are more difficult to control. You'll need another kind or higher dose or an additional med., but make sure they do something soon. I'd tried several different kinds and none had worked sufficiently. They ended up going back to the lisinopril which in my case causes gfr to drop rather dramatically, but it's the only thing to at least, for the most part, control the bp.

Comment

Ask your Dr. about putting you on Clonidine. It does not effect the heart or arteries, it changes the chemistry in your brain and lowers your blood pressure. Just a suggestion, Google each medicine and read about how it works, how long it takes to work etc...

Comment

I also have problems with meds working I either have bad reactions or they don't work at all. I just kept going back to my neph and we found some that actually are doing the job for now. My kidney disease is that the meds won't keep helping so sooner or later no matter the meds they won't help. But as long as something works we will keep trying.So if one med does not work keep trying until one does.

Comment

So thank you all for your responses. Last week we upped the dose of the Ramipril that I started taking for high blood pressure. Of course this past week, I have been suffering side effects,,,just like I did when I first started the medication. Twice now, though, my blood pressure showed lower. I am hoping that soon the side effects will stop and have a consistant drop in pressure. Fingers crossed!!!

Comment

Blood pressure is easily reduce by using the natural methods. There is lot solution available in the medical field also. But natural method is better to overcome the blood pressure in easy way. There is a lot of healthy foods helps to decrease the blood pressure.
                        Overstress more usually called as high blood pressure is a circumstance that causes blood to flow all the way through your arteries exceeding normal pressure

Comment

Working...
                        X