Fluid retention, lose of appetite - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fluid retention, lose of appetite

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluid retention, lose of appetite

Saw my PCP today, running various labs. I have begun to have swollen hands and feet, especially in the evening. Is this a sign of worsening?

eGRF over the past two years has been between 55 & 49.

I gave also lost my appetite, a bad thing as I am also diabetic T1 LADA. Excellent control; A1c 6.2 in October.

Thoughts?

I have seen my GFR drop 30 points in a few days, I hope your lab numbers are good.

Comment

Do you have high blood pressure? That is one more cause for swelling. There are many reasons for swelling. I am sure you will know more when you get your blood work back. I hope you get good news.

Comment

Swelling can be caused due to many factors.Talk to your doctor about this.
        Quality Urgent Care San Antonio

Comment

Could be the BP medicine you are taking. Amlodopine did the same to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Finestitcher View Post
            Saw my PCP today, running various labs. I have begun to have swollen hands and feet, especially in the evening. Is this a sign of worsening?

eGRF over the past two years has been between 55 & 49.

I gave also lost my appetite, a bad thing as I am also diabetic T1 LADA. Excellent control; A1c 6.2 in October.

Thoughts?
            Feet and leg swelling can be caused by standing or sitting for extended periods of time. When you go to sleep elevate your feet about 6 inches using pillows or something, this will also lower you blood pressure slightly overnight.

Comment

Working...
            X