gastroparesis and ckd - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

gastroparesis and ckd

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gastroparesis and ckd

how does one stay on a kidney healthy diet with acute gastroparesis I was on TPN for ten years not anymore.! also can you drink the Ensure juice products?

Hi gutsytruck, I'd recommend reaching out to a local dietitian for any specific diet questions since everyone's needs and circumstances vary.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

I have stage 3b CKD and gastroperesis, in September of last year I started tube feedings with jevity via a g/j tube . It's going okay, I'm able to eat small meals, consisting mainly of soups. You have to be careful about sodium and protein. I also will drink those equate nutritional shakes, so you probably can drink the ensure juice, my hospital put them on my meal trays, good luck, also your doc probably uses a dietitian , mine was working at my local hospital .

Comment

thanks for input on gastropareses and ckd. a tube is not an option for me right now and I am ok with that. it is just hard to keep any weight on

Comment

Working...
        X