Anybody on Lipitor? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Anybody on Lipitor?

Page Title Module
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody on Lipitor?

My doctor recommended starting Lipitor bacause my LDL and triglycerides are high (110 + 189). But my HDL is very very good at 81. Reading about the side effects is scary! Has anybody taken Lipitor or had any side effects from it?

I am on it. 10mg twice a week. I was taking it every day, but the last year I was having muscle cramps in my legs last year. Since the put me on 2 times a week, I ve been fine.

I took Lipitor for a long time and eventually got type 2 diabetes from it. Dr put me on simvastatin and I slowly weaned off of it because my cholesterol was low. I went to a Chinese Dr. Last year and he said that if I continued to lose weight my diabetes and CKD would both improve. He was right.

I was on Lipitor for about 3 years until my new insurance would no longer cover it (was changed to Lovastatin). I never had any side effects from taking Lipitor - never even knew I was taking it. I was told that it is one of the best for controlling cholestral (least side effects).
        I also don't have any side effects from taking Lovastatin.

Such intelligent work on the subject and ideal way of writing here. Calendario Dezembro 2017 I am really impressed! This post is a helpful overview of the particular topic and very actionable. Interesting approach! Calendario Diciembre 2017

Atorvastatin is the Generic version of Lipitor...

Check your insurance covers this Gsneric version

I had found Crestor is Better statin than Lipitor in a Smaller dose

Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Kalender Februari 2018 Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here.