X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupus & CKD

I have CKD STAGE 3b. I also was found to have Lupus after having a kidney biopsy. I'm taking so many meds. I also have depression, anexity, hypertension, OA, PAD, Glaucoma, PTSD, fibromyalgia, high Cholesterol, low Vitamin D, chronic pain. I take Effexor, Xanax, Butrans Patch, & much more. Can my meds be interacting poorly to where I have chronic fatigue, & major sweats? I've asked my Dr's and none of them have any answers.

Originally posted by SpoonieT View Post
    I have CKD STAGE 3b. I also was found to have Lupus after having a kidney biopsy. I'm taking so many meds. I also have depression, anexity, hypertension, OA, PAD, Glaucoma, PTSD, fibromyalgia, high Cholesterol, low Vitamin D, chronic pain. I take Effexor, Xanax, Butrans Patch, & much more. Can my meds be interacting poorly to where I have chronic fatigue, & major sweats? I've asked my Dr's and none of them have any answers.
    Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering right now. I was also diagnosed with CKD after years with lupus. Lupus is a complicated condition and sometimes involves low grade fevers with sweating. It is also associated with severe fatigue. Keep talking to your doctor and try to write down your symptoms to share with him. Good luck and take care.

Comment

Yes! Medications and additional health concerns certainly can play havoc and work against you.
      I was diagnosed with lupus in 1988, and what was thought to be proteinuria related to it was actually a very rare kidney disease [less than 50 in the world with it], diagnosed after a kidney biopsy on 7 January 2015.
      In addition to the lupus [which is manifested by fatigue, sweating, photosensitivity and joint pain], the doctors have also diagnosed osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia. I am Stage 3b.
      I wonder if your doctors can do a "round table" to discuss your case, perhaps to work a more effective medication/treatment regimen.
      And don't forget to also be part of it all. Get exercise whenever you are able, doing something that pleases you. Check into therapy or counseling for yourself, to assist you in handling everything. If you are not working, find something to do that lets you "give back" to others. Teaching reading to adults, crocheting baby blankets for the local hospital, meals on wheels or something.

Comment

Working...
      X