What questions do you have about home dialysis? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What questions do you have about home dialysis?

Page Title Module
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What questions do you have about home dialysis?

I will be answering throughout the week!

Does anyone else have horrible diarrhea since being on PD? Is it caused by the chemicals being used? Do watch what I eat so don't think it's that and never had problems before. What can I do? Any help will be appreciated

Comment

I would like to take the classes for dialysis.Please let me know where can i go.2016873627

Comment

Originally posted by Domimex17 View Post
        I would like to take the classes for dialysis.Please let me know where can i go.2016873627
        Hi Domimex17, that's great! You can register for a no-cost Kidney Smart class in your area here: http://bit.ly/2axNzHn. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

how do I post to a forum?

Comment

Originally posted by edcliff23 View Post
            how do I post to a forum?
            Hi edcliff23 - you did it! You can reply to people's comments or start your own thread. But it looks like you figured it out Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any questions!

Comment

Are the needles with home dialysis the same size as in center dialysis needles?

Comment

Great question Extrafudge. Home Hemodialysis patients utilize the same size needles for cannulation at home that are utilized in center.
                McassinDaVitaRN

Comment

At what % of kidney function is dialysis usually started?

Comment

Great question husbandnhoney typically preparation for dialysis should begin when someone is at or nearing stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease which in general represents a glomerular filtration rate of less than 30mL/min. Your nephrologist should be routinely obtaining labs to monitor your GFR. Prep usually consists of multiple education sessions about modality options and permanent dialysis access decision and placement if needed. Some kidney patients have more symptoms than others and despite what the lab results show they may delay initiation of dialysis longer while others may start earlier based on their symptoms. Stage 5 is considered end stage renal disease and the GFR is typically below 15mL/min. At this stage dialysis or kidney transplant is necessary. Having ongoing discussions and appointments with the nephrologist is crucial to ensure you have made the appropriate decisions and are coming up with a plan to avoid emergencies.

Comment

I am in stage 4 of CKD and my GFR is 25. I've been checking out different forms of dialysis and I think I would like to try the automated (overnight) peritoneal dialysis at home. Can anyone do that or are there specific requirements to be able to do it? My nephrologist hasn't said that I need to start dialysis yet, but I want to be informed when the time comes. Also, do I need a partner/caregiver for that type of dialysis?

Comment

What are the steps for emergency rinse back in case of power outage on a NxStage System One cycler?

Comment

what is the percentage of those being denied kidney trans. ? and main reason why?

Comment

Working...
                          X