NxStage the only option for home treatments with DaVita????? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

NxStage the only option for home treatments with DaVita?????

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NxStage the only option for home treatments with DaVita?????

Does DaVita offer any other machine for home dialysis besides NxStage? Do they get kickbacks or ?? or have contract with NxStage to only offer their machines for home dialysis? I am wanting to use the standard K or even the T machine but every clinic I've spoken with EXCLUSIVELY offers NxStage. Is there a reason a clinic can refuse to allow me to use any other HEMO machine? Don't they have to exhaust resources to accomodate?

Hi, zionsgate1. Thank you for posting your questions. We’re committed to providing patients with a safe and therapeutic dialyzing experience, whether that is in center or at home. There is no prohibition on use of FMC equipment - and kickbacks like you mentioned would violate Federal Anti-Kickback Statute and would be illegal. We encourage you to contact your local home dialysis team directly with your questions so that your local dialysis team can do their best to address your concerns. However, please know that the decisions on what equipment is used is based on many factors. Thank you for your comment and questions.

Comment

Working...
    X