X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ypsilanti Dialysis

Hello, my name is Tim Somerville and I am 66 years old and I have been on dialysis at the Ypsilanti,MI DaVita dialysis center for three years now. I have done 1.5 years on PD and 1.5 years on Hemo and currently on Hemo. My Dr. saw me on Wednesday 3/16/16 and gave me some great news. It's what we all want to hear but only a very few ever get to hear. I have never known what tears of joy were til than. They poured out of me that night when I got home. It went on for quite a while. I'm also a devout Christian.I now understand what miracles are all about (Luke1:37). Anyway Dr. Karim told me that I can stop dialysis now if I want. My eyes got as big as a basketball and I damn near fell out of that ever so comfortable chair> I chose to finish the week, do 2 treatments next week and on 3/30 that will be my last treatment for a very long time I pray. I'm only doing 2 hour treatments. Making a long good-bye. The staff there are to be commended for their kindness and professional attitudes. They became like family. I will miss them greatly. I'm alive today because of them. DaVita is a great company but we should never forget who made them a 5 star. It's without a doubt.....THE CLINICAL STAFF. We need the higher-ups but the staff are the ones with the infamous needles which saved us. Thank-you all at Ypsilanti Dialysis. In closing....NEVER QUIT FIGHTING FOR THE DAY. You are all in my prayers. God Bless each and every one of you. I am never alone....God is always with me.

Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by TJslim2 View Post
      Hello, my name is Tim Somerville and I am 66 years old and I have been on dialysis at the Ypsilanti,MI DaVita dialysis center for three years now. I have done 1.5 years on PD and 1.5 years on Hemo and currently on Hemo. My Dr. saw me on Wednesday 3/16/16 and gave me some great news. It's what we all want to hear but only a very few ever get to hear. I have never known what tears of joy were til than. They poured out of me that night when I got home. It went on for quite a while. I'm also a devout Christian.I now understand what miracles are all about (Luke1:37). Anyway Dr. Karim told me that I can stop dialysis now if I want. My eyes got as big as a basketball and I damn near fell out of that ever so comfortable chair> I chose to finish the week, do 2 treatments next week and on 3/30 that will be my last treatment for a very long time I pray. I'm only doing 2 hour treatments. Making a long good-bye. The staff there are to be commended for their kindness and professional attitudes. They became like family. I will miss them greatly. I'm alive today because of them. DaVita is a great company but we should never forget who made them a 5 star. It's without a doubt.....THE CLINICAL STAFF. We need the higher-ups but the staff are the ones with the infamous needles which saved us. Thank-you all at Ypsilanti Dialysis. In closing....NEVER QUIT FIGHTING FOR THE DAY. You are all in my prayers. God Bless each and every one of you. I am never alone....God is always with me.
      Hi TJslim2, thank you for sharing! We're so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with DaVita teammates! We wish you all the best.

Comment

Hi Kelsey Thank You for you encouraging words. I wish there was a way for all dialysis patients.to make the break from it all. Are you a patient or do you work for DaVita. Would be interested to find out. Anyway, you have a wonderful day God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by TJslim2 View Post
          Hi Kelsey Thank You for you encouraging words. I wish there was a way for all dialysis patients.to make the break from it all. Are you a patient or do you work for DaVita. Would be interested to find out. Anyway, you have a wonderful day God Bless
          Hi TJslim2, I am DaVita teammate and serve as the community manager here. Hope you have a wonderful day as well and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions with the myDaVita community or resources offered!

Comment

Tim, Thank You so much for sharing your testimony!! I just found out that I'm at 3rd stage and my GFR is 46. Hoping and praying that I can STOP this disease in it tracks through following the diet plan on Diet Helper. I too am a devout Christian and am standing and believing for a miracle. My GFR was, about a year ago at 65. Wish I knew and that I needed to get on a diet to keep from ending up at 46, but my doctors were not telling me anything except that my kidneys were fine. I had been told that my kidneys weren't working as well as they should and that I needed to get them tested yearly, which I did and was told each time since 2006, YOUR KIDNEYS ARE JUST FINE. I was diagnosed in 2004 and never told. My father died from kidney failure. His choice. This would not be my choice.
            Thanks again for sharing!!

Comment

Hi Kelsey and Dlynn61. As we all know we have no guarantees when it comes to our kidneys, they seem to do what they want. My hopes were really high about coming off dialysis but they took a turn for the worse really quick. I did however manage to squeak in a couple of days away from treatment when a lab came in and said that I was back on dialysis. The feeling I had while I was off dialysis was astronomical and even though it was short lived it was worth it. I will never give up praying that this may come around again. Dlynn61, being in stage3 is not too bad but NEVER give up and continue doing whatever it takes to dodge ESRD for as long as possible, hopefully forever and always remember that dialysis is not the end but a new beginning., I will always be eternally grateful for the treatment we have which at one time there was nothing they could do for us. I still hate doing it though HAHAHA, but I get to wake up ready to go each and every morning. Can't ask for much better than that. In the meantime, fight and pray for all that you have. AGAIN, NEVER EVER QUIT. With God you are never alone

Comment

Working...
              X