X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low drain volume alarm

The low drain volume alarm goes off multiple times during the first and second drain but not the third. I have tried changing positions. Moving the cycler . I am becoming sleep deprived.

Matava1 thank you for posting your scenario. Low drain alarms can also be related to constipation, settings on the cycler program, fibrin or PD catheter position. If you can call your PD RN and discuss the nurse should be able to troubleshoot and identify possible cause so you can get some sleep. Your fluid status can also be a factor in amount of fluid available to drain so bring in your flow sheets so the nurse can evaluate the information with you and the MD. Good luck, sleep is important to your overall health and the cycler should not prevent you from getting a good nights sleep. Make sure you are going to the bathroom every day and if you are having difficulty talk with your care team about bowel softeners or laxatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Matava1 View Post
      The low drain volume alarm goes off multiple times during the first and second drain but not the third. I have tried changing positions. Moving the cycler . I am becoming sleep deprived.
      Try raising your cycler 3 boxes higher than your bed. Work like a dream for me! Now I can sleep all night without a low drain message. I still get check position alarms, but not as many as before. Hope this helps?

Comment

Working...
      X