X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs and PD

Hello all, I've been on PD for almost a year and am thinking about getting a dog. I had a dog when I started. He was older, so I knew him well and that he could be trusted to not be a problem. He never was. Unfortunately, age catches up to all of us and he passed away last September. I'm about ready for a new furry companion and want to hear from people who have brought new pets into their homes after starting PD. A friend suggested a service dog. I hadn't considered that, and was just going to rescue one from a shelter. I intend to talk to my social worker and possibly my former vet about it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Well, what issue do you have that would require a service dog?

Comment

I don't think I do. It was suggested to me. My biggest concern is training a new dog not to chew on the lines or bags. I would like to hear from people who either had a dog when they started or got one after, and how they dealt with it.

Comment

I began PD about a month ago and we have ten miniature dachshunds that range from a year old to 15. I have been pleasantly surprised by how much they could care less about my supplies, tubing, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Teresa. I'm probably overthinking it. I'm not getting a puppy. I was thinking that I would get a dog that's 2 years old or more. If it doesn't smell like food, he or she probably won't care.

Comment

Working...
          X