Stage 4 where do I go from here? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stage 4 where do I go from here?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 4 where do I go from here?

Just came back from my doctor appointment and we started talk about how I been feeling and what we can do.
    He said it might be your kidney levels are getting worse. So I ask him what can we do or whatís the plan.
    He said we can just continue treating me with meds to help control my High blood pressure and blood circulation. And there is peritoneal dialysis.
    Currently I been feeling tired, fogging head and not wanting to do much. Iím afraid that Iím putting a strand on my body with my blood not being so clean.

History: Diagnose with Kidney Failure 12 years ago Early Stage 3, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis.
    Been somewhat stable and feeling ok until this past year (2016) I been feeling more tired and
    Not wanting to do much. My labs been showing a very slow decline (Losing Kidney function)
    My Labs:
    • UREA Nitrogen (BUN) 39
    • Creatinine 2.75
    • eGFR 26
    So my question to all of you is when you went on peritoneal dialysis (what Stage your where?) and Did you feel better afterward? Or did it just improved your Lab numbers or both?

Thank you all for your help.
    -Jose

Jose, I am sure every persons body functions a bit different. I was at stage 4 for approximately 3 years before my kidneys starting getting markedly worse. I was like you though where I felt worn out especially as the week went on. I am still working so by the end of the week I am typically pretty tired. I started dialysis when my GFR was 7. I hovered around a GFR of 17 to 15 for about 9 months before my kidneys went down to 7. I am on peritoneal dialysis now & feel better most of the time. Yet still by the end of the work week I am relatively tired. All I can tell you is to hang in there & keep a positive attitude. Once you do start dialysis you shouldn't feel quite as tired. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
    X