Missing PD treatment - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing PD treatment

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing PD treatment

I am on capd....my numbers a good and my last clearance was 3.7. I still urinate quite a bit so I don't have issues with fluid retention really. On occasion I skip a treatment...to sleep over my sisters...or for example last night due to a stomach bug because the night prior the "fill" caused me to have issues throwing up all night...having to unhook to get to bathroom was impossible etc.....how much harm do I do by doing this? I feel great normally....as I said my numbers are good

Great question kimmyp123 having residual kidney function is a huge benefit and helps to clear toxins and remove fluid. Any time you experience symptoms such as vomiting, bowel changes or illness you should reach out to your Nephrologist. Dialysis related infections can cause symptoms that are similar to a virus or flu like syndrome but require treatment and should always be evaluated when you are on dialysis. Anytime you are not feeling well and loosing fluid by either vomiting or diarrhea your electrolytes, such as potassium, can be impacted. Missing a treatment can also impact your electrolytes, toxins and fluid balance on any given day based on what you have taken in. I would recommend reaching out to your dialysis nurse or nephrologist regarding missing treatments to ensure your labs and overall clinical status remain stable. Overtime missing treatments can impact your health and having great outcomes is what counts to ensure you continue to feel well. Its a great question and I am sure it will help others.
    McassinDaVitaRN

Comment

Working...
    X