The Gastric bypass/sleve and perotoneal Dialysis - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gastric bypass/sleve and perotoneal Dialysis

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gastric bypass/sleve and perotoneal Dialysis

I am currently on Hemo' Dialysis but would like to go on Perotoneal Dialysis, I also scheduled to get the Gastric bypass/sleeve operation, since both opeerations involve the "gut" is it possible to do both PD and get the gastric bypass?
    Last edited by dcksndr; 04-02-2016, 09:19 PM. Reason: there are 2 posts.

That would be something to ask your nephrologist. He knows your situation best. Good Luck

Comment

Hi I would ask your dr for sure. I had stage 2 CKD when I had my gastric sleeve which my dr said was ok. Things did not go well with the surg.(because of Dr.) and I can't do PD because of it. Now I am stage 3b and will do Home HemoDialysis when the time comes. Good Luck with whatever you decide.
      Last edited by raramorgan; 04-06-2016, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I assume you've already talked to your doctor, since the post was over a year ago, but I wanted to weigh in (pun intended ) as someone who had gastric sleeve surgery and will be starting PD very soon. My sleeve surgery was 2.5 years ago and I was told that PD would be no problem for me. I'm 5'2, 225, after losing 70lbs (and still trying to lose more). I don't know what the threshold is for weight, but it can be done. I've been told that the solution contains glucose and weight gain can occur, so I plan to step up my exercise regiment to compensate.
        I hope this helps. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X