Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! I'm writing to you from the 9th floor of WVU hospital in Morgantown West Virginia. Seems I have some small cellulitis infection in my left arm. The one with the fistula. Now don't freak out because I'm not!!!!

My fistula is fine if not but just a little swollen. I'm on antibiotics and things are going fine. Got here on Sunday the 10th so I just spent my 48th birthday in the hospital. Yeah, that was on June 12th. Good Lord will the fun and excitement never end for me? LOL

So some of you knew I wasn't feeling up to snuff here lately and I thought you deserved an update. So all is well for now and I should be back to the dialysis version of 'It's a Wonderful Life' but with no snow, a few less angels, and a lot less wonderful.

#JokeOfTheDay

"I am somebody, but part of me is somebody else." - Unknown Kidney Donor

Comment

Ray-
      Feel good and keep on keeping on!! I know those infections can be annoying (and time in the hospital is NEVER fun)- but know that this too shall pass!

Comment

Sorry I've been gone so long folks.. I've had some serious issues with my arm in which the fistula is located and have been in the hospital 5 or 6 days and more days in bed than I can count. Next month I go to Johns Hopkins and see if they can do something better for me and my arm. I still really don't know what is wrong with it. There was a small infection but it has since passed. I'll be checking in ever so often to see what's going on here but for now I'll be limiting my posts.. seems like some other post with 17 thousand WOW views is taking up a lot of interest now anyway.

Be excellent to each other!

Comment

Hey Grouch Enjoy your blogs. Home HD one year. My wife is Care Partner. I do the sticking. She's awesome. We've seen every old western/old tv series made during treatment.. Accepting and doing gets you through.

Comment

Grouch - Wishing you the best with your arm issue..

Comment

Ray- Feel good and take your time healing. Remember, good things come to those who wait (and make and keep appointments, follow directions........). Happy 4th of July!

Comment

It's very hard sometime to be positive when you're feeling ill. I try to keep myself occupied by writing, playing video games and watching movies. Unfortunately all of those things that I love to do suffer the worse that I feel and I myself feel worse for not being able to do them.

it's 4th of July and this years like the previous 5 years I'm doing nothing. Dinner, a movie and bed will be the highlight of the evening. There are no firework displays where I live. Hell, you can't even hear a large display going off. I mean all the local hillbillies go crazy for a few hours but that's about it. Well folks, my arm hurts and it's getting weak to type so I'm goin to wish you all a happy and safe 4th!

Comment

Hi grouch,my 4th was a bust too...im on pd, will be going to hemo soon as surgery...yahoo...enjoyed reading your posts. I hope your arm gets better!

Comment

I'm done with this. I wish you all well. Goodbye.

Comment

Hi Grouch, I just spent the morning reading your blogs. Brought me joy and love the dialogue. You are so very young to be going through this and the road seems rather bumpy for you at the moment. I just wish I had any power at all to make you feel better. You could use some rays of sunshine in your life right now, instead of dark clouds taking up all the light. My wish is for you to get through this and return to feeling better. I am being rather selfish as you made me feel a whole lot better today.

God Bless

Vicky

Comment

Just checking on you Ray. I hope things are starting to look up for you and that you are reaching for the silver lining of this giant cloud. There are many of us throughout the country who care about you and want only the best for you.
                        Keep the faith

Comment

Working...
                        X