The Troubles Continue. RN's Wont Help Techs, Administrator Not That Great - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Troubles Continue. RN's Wont Help Techs, Administrator Not That Great

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Troubles Continue. RN's Wont Help Techs, Administrator Not That Great

Our DaVita facility has been through 3 Administrators in 1.5 years. The current administrators are straight by-the-book people, which is both good and bad. I have many problems at this facility that have not been addressed yet, but let me start with 2 that I want to see if anyone else has at any other facility. 1. The RN's only put on and take off patients with catheters. The will not put on or take off any patients with needles, only do a quick assesment on them in the beginning. Although the facility administrator has said that the nurses are "allowed" to put on and take off needle patients, they don't. When there is only 2 techs for 12 patients and the RN's are sitting around not helping because they are needles, you see how that can become a problem? 2. At my old DaVita center near my work before I had to transfer to my current center(closer), the Administrator made sure he visited EVERY shift at least once a week, no matter how early or late he had to stay AND went around to EVERY patient at least once a week so he could see first hand what people thought. This facility now, the adminstrator might say hello, how are you to a couple people, but won't actively try to find out people's experiences and I doubt they are there every shift. I have called the 1800 Guest Services number and DaVita's complaint system is ridiculous, gets nowhere. I am contemplating going in for an interview for a high-level postion at DaVita, only to complain to higher level executives about the facility, as that seems the only way to get higher-ups attentions.
    Anyone know what to do, or if this happens at your facility? This facility is in the Western part of LA county.

Hi wildwillard, thank you for reaching out here. We're sorry to hear about your experience. Patient safety is our number one priority. I would try to reach out to the DaVita Guest Services team again to address any concerns you have regarding a local center. They may be reached by calling 1-800-400-8331 or emailing guestservices@davita.com. You may also send me a private message with additional information - I would be happy to pass it along to the appropriate team. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by KelseyAtDaVita View Post
      Hi wildwillard, thank you for reaching out here. We're sorry to hear about your experience. Patient safety is our number one priority. I would try to reach out to the DaVita Guest Services team again to address any concerns you have regarding a local center. They may be reached by calling 1-800-400-8331 or emailing guestservices@davita.com. You may also send me a private message with additional information - I would be happy to pass it along to the appropriate team. Thank you!
      I appreciate your response, but the complaint process gets kicked right back to the Facility Administrator, the one who usually sits in the office barking off orders to the staff and rarely talking to the patients. It took me over a year of complaining to get a meeting with someone higher up than an FA, and guess what? Problems still happening. How do I get my complaint to an executive or high up quickly? The 800 number for complaints is a joke. I already had the CA state department of health come in and look at the facility, don't make me call them and another department again

Comment

Originally posted by wildwillard View Post

I appreciate your response, but the complaint process gets kicked right back to the Facility Administrator, the one who usually sits in the office barking off orders to the staff and rarely talking to the patients. It took me over a year of complaining to get a meeting with someone higher up than an FA, and guess what? Problems still happening. How do I get my complaint to an executive or high up quickly? The 800 number for complaints is a joke. I already had the CA state department of health come in and look at the facility, don't make me call them and another department again

Hi wildwillard, thank you for getting back to me! Do you mind sending me a direct message here (you can go to my profile and click "Send Message") with additional information. I'd be happy to follow up with the appropriate teams. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X