X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davita SUCKS

Map 5th dialysis experience was to get the hell away from DaVita! The DaVita on Hood Street in Durham is full of unprofessional, lazy, attitude carrying bunch of B×THES!!!!!!👎

I have to agree with you. But it is not just durham. This is very common among most facilities. Look at their employees reviews of them. They have a high turnover and are made to work excessive hours. Some work only a few weeks before quitting. You are nothing but an object in a chair for the next few hours.

= Houston, tx

Comment

Originally posted by Tonytaborn113 View Post
      Map 5th dialysis experience was to get the hell away from DaVita! The DaVita on Hood Street in Durham is full of unprofessional, lazy, attitude carrying bunch of B×THES!!!!!!👎
      Hi Tony, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Have you reached out to the DaVita Guest Services team or spoken to your local Facility Administrator? DaVita Guest Services can be reached directly by calling 1-800-400-8331 or emailing guestservices@davita.com. They are the best point of contact to discuss any concerns regarding your local center and answer your questions.

Thank you, have a nice weekend!

Comment

Hey, Fresenius is just as bad......

Comment

If you have a bad experience with a dialysis center, you can find out how it is evaluated by the National Kidney Organization. Surprisingly, Fresenius often gets only one star while DaVita, in general, gets three stars!! This national evaluation system is based on the number of deaths and hospitalized patients from that particular dialysis center! You can look up the evaluation of any dialysis center in the nation by typing in the National Kidney Organization and searching for evaluations. They are totally impartial with their statistics. As I approach dialysis I find that the DaVita center in my area gets three stars while Fresenius gets one star but, unfortunately, my nephrologist is contracted to Fresenius so I will have to find a nephrologist who is contracted to Davita to get in there!! It shouldn't be that way but the doctor himself can visit the center once a week, seed his patients for a few minutes and get paid by Medicare if he does so. More money for the doctors. Maybe his visit will help keep the workers at that dialysis center more careful what they do but he is not there more than an hour, so I doubt it!

Comment

I wished you lived in the Bangor area of Maine. Our Davita Center is wonderful. The techs are caring and supportive and the nurses are just awesome. My husband has had many health issues and I could not have had a more supportive team behind us. The Dr.'s on average see you at least once a week in center and more if necessary. Yesterday was our first home hemo dialysis. Pam, our training nurse has been so patient and takes things at the pace I need to learn. I hope you find the care you need and things improve for you. Good Luck Tony!!

Comment

I am on peritoneal dialysis. The nurse in charge of my care at Davita is very caring but also very scatterbrained. I do not let anyone at Davita do my monthly blood draws because they can never get it, and I am needle-phobic. For three months in a row, I had to go back three times for a blood draw because she could not "get" it. I have blood drawn at the local hospital twice a month for tissue match on the transplant list, and they never have any trouble. I also have trouble with Baxter for supply delivery.

Comment

On my one and only visit to Davila, short, fast, once and only that for newly. Diagnosed ckd. They fell short in so many ways towards the importance of onset and totally change towards way of life. Left to feel a kind of out in the brutal cold naked. Yet you persevere to maintain your best of health . Google things as I had to learn and still eagerly doing so. I have a longing to find out so much, seems on my own, yet I just. Found this way of communicating with others such as myself. Please stay safe and in my thoughts.

Comment

I am also in the Northeast and a newly associated member of DaVita. I have found the company to be very caring and meticulous with their patients. Every doctor that comes around to do evaluations spends a great deal of time with the patients (done once a week). The technicians are ALL extremely professional. They really take care of the patients and their needs on an immediate basis. Since beginning dialysis about 5 weeks ago I have felt so much better and can now do a lot more in my life. The process is tiring and draining but on good days it is well worth it. I consider myself to be very lucky to have such care and to feel so much better. I live in the Bangor Maine area and the round trip is about 100 miles but as I said it is well worth it. I have a routine I follow which can fit in nicely with my schedule. There is no choice. I have CKD and it is either treatment or not. Again, let's be thankful for the chance to dialyze and live better. I would also report or somehow hold responsible any one involved if in fact they were not performing above and beyond. This is too important.

Comment

Davita in the Flint/Burton/Davison area, horrible service but there are no other options for me. I bring my music, throw my headphones on and just deal with it. From day one I have lied to My arm looks like a baseball pitcher with massive surgeries. I was never told the effects of dialysis. Have had nurse or staff blurt out my personal information like it was not a big deal. I see them flirt with the older men but I know if that were me (I am 50 but look younger) they would report me for saying more than hello. They used to just talk up to me, poke me and give me drugs without saying what they were for That stopped once I put my foot down to that. Have had nothing but problems. Even got denied service for speaking up so when you call that toll free number, be careful. They have the option to deny you and they will

Comment

I must be very fortunate. The nurses that i have had the pleasure to know from Davita have all been wonderful. I started out on PD then had to switch to HHD. They acted like they really gave a damn about my well being and my family and I are always greeted and parted with hugs and love. I hate that so many of you have had such bad experiences because i believe it affects your health. Both mentally and physically. My Davita in Asheville is the best....both PD and HHD.

Comment

I feel bad for everyone that has had such negative experiences with Davita. I live in Yuma, AZ and my kidney failure was caused by a rare disease called good pastures and my team at Davita has been wonderful. They answered most of my questions about the dialysis process as I knew nothing and my kidneys failed so fast I had no time to learn ahead of time. What they couldn't answer I went to Mayo in Phoenix. I think attitude is so important to how you are treated. I get that we can be pissed off about our circumstances but remember it is not their fault. I go with a smile almost everyday I make sure to great all the techs and it goes smooth. When I am having a problem like low blood pressure or cramping and I can feel it coming on most times and I get their attention and we do what we can. I always say thank you at the end of the treatment and once in a while I bring treats for the techs or patients. It is stressful for everyone so I really try to have a positive outlook. It really dies make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by rasputin View Post
                          If you have a bad experience with a dialysis center, you can find out how it is evaluated by the National Kidney Organization. Surprisingly, Fresenius often gets only one star while DaVita, in general, gets three stars!! This national evaluation system is based on the number of deaths and hospitalized patients from that particular dialysis center! You can look up the evaluation of any dialysis center in the nation by typing in the National Kidney Organization and searching for evaluations. They are totally impartial with their statistics. As I approach dialysis I find that the DaVita center in my area gets three stars while Fresenius gets one star but, unfortunately, my nephrologist is contracted to Fresenius so I will have to find a nephrologist who is contracted to Davita to get in there!! It shouldn't be that way but the doctor himself can visit the center once a week, seed his patients for a few minutes and get paid by Medicare if he does so. More money for the doctors. Maybe his visit will help keep the workers at that dialysis center more careful what they do but he is not there more than an hour, so I doubt it!
                          You can always have your neurologist follow you to which ever clinic you decide to switch to. If you want to keep your doctor and switch clinics. They can accommodate to your liking

Comment

Working...
                          X