Ambulance Transportation - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ambulance Transportation

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambulance Transportation

My name is Alan Chiasson, my friends call me Chase and I am a Paramedic...I have provided medical transportation for hundreds of dialysis patients for a number of years and for the most part have had very positive experiences...However, I have witnessed first hand and have heard from others about improper treatment, bad attitudes, shoddy vehicles and equipment, fraudulent claims, and even criminal behavior by a number of Ambulance Providers in my area.

My question/project is to find out from dialysis patients about their own experiences (good or bad) regarding ambulance transportation in order to look for ways to improve my own services to the dialysis community. So far, the two things I have implemented at my company is educating our medics about kidney disease and hemodialysis (fistula site location, condition, etc.) and Driver Training - Low forces driving, best/smoothest route, loading and unloading patients, etc.

I am genuinely interested in hearing from patients, family members, and social workers regarding any comments, complaints, or suggestions, they might have on what they think will make things better in terms of how they are treated, transported, and cared for throughout the transfer process, from the point of arrival, to return to residence.

I am also putting together a focus group to address these concerns and I'm looking for local dialysis patients who utilize medical transportation, family members, partners, and social workers to participate in my project. If anyone is interested and living in the Houston metropolitan area, I can be reached here or through my e-mail at chase@forceems.com

I am hoping to have three representatives from each demographic group to include (patient, family support, and social worker) and want to begin immediately in January 2016, with meetings to occur once a month for six months. The content area I would like to suggest are: Dependability, Flexibility, Waiting Times, Routes, and Cost/Affordability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I promise you, nothing shall go unaddressed.

WOW! 80 views and NO replies? Guess I'm not celebrity status?

Comment

...guess not........

Comment

Originally posted by chase72 View Post
        WOW! 80 views and NO replies? Guess I'm not celebrity status?
        Maybe you would be better off if you look up individuals in your area. You did ask for people in a specific area to participate. Not everyone reads all the forums all the time so maybe reach out to them by sending individual messages. Just a thought.

Comment

Good idea...I'm in Houston, so I need to figure out if there is a geographical thread? Thanks
          Originally posted by 1scaredycat View Post
          Maybe you would be better off if you look up individuals in your area. You did ask for people in a specific area to participate. Not everyone reads all the forums all the time so maybe reach out to them by sending individual messages. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by chase72 View Post
            Good idea...I'm in Houston, so I need to figure out if there is a geographical thread? Thanks
            You can go to the people finder and look up people by area. Good Luck

Comment

My wife goes 4/week, Mesa, Az area. All went well except for one driver and that has been corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by slow499 View Post
                My wife goes 4/week, Mesa, Az area. All went well except for one driver and that has been corrected.
                Glad to hear everything worked out. Was the driver remediated or terminated?

Comment

Working...
                X