Close Mobile Navigation

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you enjoy the dialysis service DaVita provides? What could they improve?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Vonnieb, I'm so glad to hear about your techs and nurses! As for the scheduling question, I recommend reaching out to the Facility Administrator at the center to determine whether start time can be adjusted. I hope this helps!

Best,
    Libby

Comment

Just on a whim, I visited our local DaVita dialysis center yesterday. I wasn't sure if they'd let me in to observe what was going on, but they did. The nurse on duty that I talked to couldn't have been more helpful! I am in stage 4 of CKD, but not getting dialysis yet and just wanted to find out all I could about what I was facing if I decided upon "in center" dialysis. I believe her name was Shannon and she explained from beginning to end what would happen and what some of the side effects would be. Just judging from that experience, I would not be afraid to do in center dialysis with DaVita. We also have another dialysis center which is MUCH closer to me, but then I'd have to change my nephrologist. No thank you, I'm thrilled with the one I have.

Comment

They could improve sanitary condition by washing their hand and wearing gloves.

Comment

All of my experience with Davita is great! We moved from one part of town to another. Transfer was as easy as pie. During hurricane Harvey we stayed with friends out of town and found a dialysis center (not Davita) close to their house. I didn't have an emergency kit but staff at my Davita center faxed my information immediately. Staff at both Davita centers are professional and also like a family to all of the patients. There is laughter AND caring. I love all of them. I did a lot of research while CKD. To me, Davita makes the journey on dialysis as easy as it's going to be, considering. Blessings on your journey.

Comment

They are first rate with me.They go out of there way for me at least. My Nurse even calls on her day off when she knows I dont feel well.I must say I am mostly late all the time to clinic ,thought they say well sit for awhile and they would take me when they could.But they always fit me in. Even today was a very bad day,my husband had to drive me I was not myself.But I was at least 1 hour late , i was waiting for the DR.to say something .nope all he cared about was I ok. I go maybe 15 miles ,when there is one 5 miles .They know where to get blood out of me I don't want to teach anybody all over again.

Comment

At the DaVita center most of the time goes smooth but there is some time there is a dispute and the supervisor come and talks to you. the problem is if you have a problem with a tech you and the tech should go together into the office and resolve it. not have the tech go and complain about the person and make up false lyes and then the supervisor come to the floor and confronts you. It seems anything you say you are the bad buy if you are right or wrong. it does not matter. I think this is a poor way of doing things . thtries s to put everything o you. After that the tech moves on to a new another DaVita and caused all tis problem

Comment

Are any of you assigned to the same chair or have the same technician regularly? At my center it's completely random. You never know what chair or technician you will get. Is that normal?

Comment

I'm on first shift M,W,F ,in the same chair every day. At my clinic you have been stuck by everybody so it's really not a big deal who your nurse or tech is. We're a fairly small clinic where everybody knows everybody. I think it's good that multiple people know how to stick you. That way when someone's off, you know you're still going to get a good stick with no problems.

Comment

I’ve been on Dialysis since June 2018. I did not know what to expect from a center. The one I go to is excellent. Such caring employees. With kindness will make this journey a little easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaan27 View Post
                      I have been with my Davita unit since July 2015,when I moved from Ct I was transferred to Fresinius which was who I was with up there and they didn't want to transfer you to another company.Unfortunatly the unit was a disaster,not friendly acted more like they were doing me a favor taking care of me,really bad,I left in tears one day never went back and took matters into my own hands and got myself into a Davita facility right near where I lived.I have not looked back since.They are wonderful caring people that work there.I love them all!
                      Dont know we're this going in the county but the workers at the center are more then just a job to them I been dealing with kidney failure all my life I my self started year ago in center I was still scared as .... but they took the lead talked threw each step to were even I could under stand were,why and how treated like they were family i give all Nick names were meeting new people hard to rember names when your mind is messed up as well can't ask for better you can buy like they tell me sit down **** up give me your arm!! They dish out the hummer as good as they take it.like one said about the other place t seem cold right to point David a makes you more like home when you are by your self it means a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by KelseyAtDaVita View Post
                        Hi dac0214, , I'm actually not an answer-bot or computer program. I'm the myDaVita community manager, employed by DaVita and live in Denver, CO! As the community manager, I'm responsible for monitoring and responding to the community in an effort to ensure users are taking advantage of all the awesome resources and educational tools available. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Some of the answers may seem generic because I can't give personalized medical advice as everyone's situation is different and I'm not a medical professional. We always advise users to speak to their care team or contact the DaVita Guest Services number because they are best equipped to address any issues that may arise.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
                        I not sure how to about asking what I needing help with I live west of st.Louis about fifty miles I started at Eureka Mo. Davita center the staff call me part time Terry since I do not keep my time well some of the other people call me or great group of men and women.I going to start pd least try I have pkd. I need help on my house I can't do it no more my wife had brain surgey mine months ago was training to do home hemo. But that changed now.it's were want try pd I started redoing are home three years ago and with all the problems I have with my health not able to finsh I never asked for help like this befor I was the one that helped others all the time.it's just me and my wife my family all passed with kidney trouble.do you know any group that helps ones like me I am sorry for going on i don't feel right asking I have no money we love off my s.s.d check if there any way please let me know thank you and god bless and all that going threw the same as I thank you

Comment

I have a question and a comment. I have been in dialysis at Davita for almost three years. Davita chose me because they are the only dialysis center in town. The problem I see with ALL the staff at this center is that no one will give you answers to ANY questions asked, Not the doctor, not the nurses or the techs. I ask questions and get, "I'm not sure but I will check and get back with you. The only way I can get answers is to go online and look at another company. I also find the employees are not to be trusted. The best way I find to cope is sleep for the time I have to be "hooked up" and then go home. Are Davita employees trained to ignore your questions? I was unable to hold my site one day when unhooked and a clamp was used. I sat for more than 1/2 hour. The tech forgot I was there waiting to go. I will say the only person who ever helped me since I have been here was the Social Worker and she left.

Comment

Hello. My name is John Martin, and I have been doing Dialysis at Davita Wyandotte County (50th & State, KCK) for a little over 2 years. When I first started there, after starting dialysis in the hospital, things went ok, but recently they have gotten progressively worse. Some of the examples include, getting started late; only having 2 or 3 of the more than 10 techs that work in the center being able to stick my graft adequately for my full 4 hr treatment; techs forgetting to give me heparin to prevent clotting; air developing in my lines due to the bad sticks; techs arguing with each other over who will stick me, set my machine up, take me off, etc.; having to repeat myself multiple times to the point of having to yell to get my message across..................I have voiced these concerns and complaints with the facility manager to no avail, and most recently nearly got into a physical confrontation with her when I told her I was leaving (had to repeat myself SEVERAL times to get her to understand my leaving). I have requested repeatedly to be moved to another clinic, but the excuse that is being used is that since I have missed treatments, no other clinic will take me.

I at this point do not believe that this clinic can provide the best care for me, and I am considering legal action.

I will state that I have on occasion chosen not to go to treatment on days where I have woke up not feeling well, had back pain, etc., but some of my misses have also been attributed to the problems I have listed.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm371 View Post
                              Hello. My name is John Martin, and I have been doing Dialysis at Davita Wyandotte County (50th & State, KCK) for a little over 2 years. When I first started there, after starting dialysis in the hospital, things went ok, but recently they have gotten progressively worse. Some of the examples include, getting started late; only having 2 or 3 of the more than 10 techs that work in the center being able to stick my graft adequately for my full 4 hr treatment; techs forgetting to give me heparin to prevent clotting; air developing in my lines due to the bad sticks; techs arguing with each other over who will stick me, set my machine up, take me off, etc.; having to repeat myself multiple times to the point of having to yell to get my message across..................I have voiced these concerns and complaints with the facility manager to no avail, and most recently nearly got into a physical confrontation with her when I told her I was leaving (had to repeat myself SEVERAL times to get her to understand my leaving). I have requested repeatedly to be moved to another clinic, but the excuse that is being used is that since I have missed treatments, no other clinic will take me.

I at this point do not believe that this clinic can provide the best care for me, and I am considering legal action.

I will state that I have on occasion chosen not to go to treatment on days where I have woke up not feeling well, had back pain, etc., but some of my misses have also been attributed to the problems I have listed.

UPDATE: After contacting Guest Services, the Dr at my clinic has offered to switch me to another Davita clinic in Johnson County. Hopefully this change will bring about the results that I desire.

Comment

The main things that need to improve are communication and follow-through.

As another poster mentioned, answers are never answered. It's always, "I'll check with the doctor and get back to you" which they never do.

I bring up issues that I am having with treatment, and I get responses like "Huh" or "That's strange." Or, on thw rare occasion the issue is addressed, the change is not recorded in my chart, resulting in me getting in trouble for not following my prescription.

I had an "intervention" with the Clinic Administrator, because they finally noticed that something wasn't right. Of course, I was blamed for 100% of it, but I didn't argue, because I am just glad my clinic is finally back on the same page as me. For now.

Comment

Working...
                                X