X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost perfect

Well, I've been on nocturnal dialysis now since the beginning of the year. I think treatment itself should be provided to everyone on dialysis and not just individuals that are able to come at night or lucky. The other setback is the type of treatment we receive from staff and their bosses. I've noticed it's becoming more of a trend and soon all units will have that corporate mentality where money and how much is saved plus made!!! It's less compassion from staff, less feedback from us that are patients and more decisions that's implemented before we have a chance to dissect the new rules or information. Prime example is I just got informed my chair time will be changing without a timely warning or notice. The crazy part about it is, I've constantly requested that I get some type of heads up on changes and decisions that might impact if I want to continue to receive treatment at the current center. I feel like being on dialysis is more like a prison sentence sometimes because, we are only allowed whats given to us by Davita and Fresenius being the major and sometimes only provider of treatments. If there were more private Dialysis treatment providers then i'm sure there would be more pressure on the major players to provide more sincere and respectful treatment options instead of the "Iron Fist" way of doing things. I mean, does it hurt to ask how we feel about something before changing things that affect our livelihood and care.Yes I'm venting because if it's not one thing then it's another and it's not like there's a bunch of nocturnal dialysis units available to just get up and leave. These chairs are a rare find and to give it up and go back to regular dialysis is like leaving a warm and cozy environment into the freezing cold. If i were to share all my other dissatisfaction's with change and policy then I would have to call it a novel. I just pray that we stop the transition of us becoming a number and cash cows for profit...

Originally posted by bigp View Post
    Well, I've been on nocturnal dialysis now since the beginning of the year. I think treatment itself should be provided to everyone on dialysis and not just individuals that are able to come at night or lucky. The other setback is the type of treatment we receive from staff and their bosses. I've noticed it's becoming more of a trend and soon all units will have that corporate mentality where money and how much is saved plus made!!! It's less compassion from staff, less feedback from us that are patients and more decisions that's implemented before we have a chance to dissect the new rules or information. Prime example is I just got informed my chair time will be changing without a timely warning or notice. The crazy part about it is, I've constantly requested that I get some type of heads up on changes and decisions that might impact if I want to continue to receive treatment at the current center. I feel like being on dialysis is more like a prison sentence sometimes because, we are only allowed whats given to us by Davita and Fresenius being the major and sometimes only provider of treatments. If there were more private Dialysis treatment providers then i'm sure there would be more pressure on the major players to provide more sincere and respectful treatment options instead of the "Iron Fist" way of doing things. I mean, does it hurt to ask how we feel about something before changing things that affect our livelihood and care.Yes I'm venting because if it's not one thing then it's another and it's not like there's a bunch of nocturnal dialysis units available to just get up and leave. These chairs are a rare find and to give it up and go back to regular dialysis is like leaving a warm and cozy environment into the freezing cold. If i were to share all my other dissatisfaction's with change and policy then I would have to call it a novel. I just pray that we stop the transition of us becoming a number and cash cows for profit...
    I feel you on how it seems we are not given much choice in what goes on. I am on nocturnal since June and so far it's not to bad. The nurse and tech are good to us and they have stated they prefer the nighttime shift because of office politics during the day. We were promised beds but have recently learned Davits decided not to purchase them. I have a hard time sleeping in the chair as do several other patients but won't leave because there is no other dialysis option close by.

Comment

Working...
    X