Why no nocturnal center in the metro Phoenix area? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no nocturnal center in the metro Phoenix area?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no nocturnal center in the metro Phoenix area?

I check the nocturnal finder and find multiply listing in other states. What's up with the AZ clinics?
    Stage 3 (GFR 35) & Diabetes.

Re: Why no nocturnal center in the metro Phoenix area?

Previously, we had a program in the Scottsdale area at our Desert Ridge facility. Due to lack of physician support and patient demand, we had to temporarily close our nightshift doors. We'd very much like to reopen if that support and demand is there. Please share your interest with your local Facility Administrator.

Comment

I'm not on dialysis yet. But If I were and since I'm single. I would want the longer treatment option. My GFR is 36 or so as I jump around a some.

Comment

I understand and agree with your feelings. Nocturnal dialysis is a great clinical and social solution for our dialysis patients. I am the National Director of Home Hemodialysis and In-Center Nocturnal Dialysis for DaVita. I will most certainly share your interest with the Scottsdale-Phoenix facility administrators. Thanks again for your comments. Hopefully, they will translate into revitalizing our Nocturnal program in the metro Phoenix area.

Comment

Please do. Maybe it just me but reading on the success of longer treatments. Maybe one reason many don;t select it, Is they have not been informed on the success of longer treatments.

Comment

Hey Tim,

I know you still have a very long time before you have to consider which treatment to do.
            Since you show an interest on Hemo, have you thought about Nxstage home hemodialysis http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...3ac8e20206a206
            I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
              Hey Tim,

I know you still a very long time before you have to consider which treatment to do.
              Since you show an interest on Hemo, have you thought about Nxstage home hemodialysis http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...3ac8e20206a206
              If I were to do home treatment I would prefer PD at this time. Being single I'm not sure they would allow me to do Home Hemo. I also hope I can to continue mountain biking with all the different treatment options. Still not sure I'll be strong enough or what the jarring of riding would do to either access.

I hope you are right as far as how long it will be before treatment. Even better I pray for a cure or some fast advancement in treatment options.

Comment

I assume that you are stage 4, no dialysis and are just educating yourself in the event all goes wrong.

I assume that you have a diet from a qualified Nephrologist nutritionist and that you follow that to a "tee". If not get hopping. Very important especially since you have two problems, diabetes and CKD.

Sounds like you get the exercise and I assume that you get the proper sleep. If not make a path! Do it and put another in the win column.

Attitude sounds good. Keep it that way. See if you can find a person in need of friendship at the local center and become that friend. Makes your problems seem smaller.
                Also defers start of ESRD by some amount, just like the ones before us.

Educate yourself about this and become your own #1 advocate. Keep a notebook of stuff, labs, progress, plans, etc. Be a demanding consumer. Nothing too good, too knowledgeable, too small to plan for, in fact do better planning than Gen Patton. This is a war. You can win it. just be the one to do it.

Let me know if I can help you, thats why I am alive.
                best regards
                Cicero
                May God have mercy on us all

CK

Idiopathic globular membranous nephritis 1999-2006
                Feb 2006 Dx about 1-2 yrs before dialysis. Dialysis start 6-2006
                Chest Cath 4 mos in center hemo dialysis
                Fistula, button holes, self stick days 07-09 in center hemo
                Graft nocturnal hemo 4Q09 to present

Comment

Well I just dipped into stage 4 with a GFR of 28. Has there been any movement on nocturnal centers in Phoenix?

Comment

I live in Sun City, and am very interested in attending an In-Center Dialysis center with DaVita. Besides Scottsdale, has there been any interest shown on the westside for this treatment option?

Comment

Byoung123 - I am the National Director of In-Center Nocturnal for DaVita. I have passed your interest on to our regional nocturnal lead for Phoenix. That said, your best bet is to reach out to the Facility Administrator at the DaVita facility that is most convenient for you to share your interest in nocturnal in-center dialysis. We are constantly evaluating opportunities to add nocturnal programs, and a big driver of that is the interest level from local potential patients.

Comment

Working...
                      X