Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True story

This really happened

Near the end of 2018, I waited for my ride home after dialysis. A person I had not seen before waited for their treatment as well. I feel led to offer some encouragement to this person as they did not appear too comfortable to be at dialysis. I shared why I was able to cope with my diagnosis, referencing how God had supernaturally healed me of Type-1 diabetes over 14 years ago and many other conditions as well, since that time.
    The reaction from this person was not expected but reflective of their spiritual background and wounding from the church. I could relate. It was then spoken how this person had already died and wanted nothing to do with spiritual matters, again I could relate. It was shared that they were only dead for a short period of time, but it seemed like an eternity. I asked if they had seen anything while they were dead and this person said yes. I wanted to know if it was good or bad and they said both. The good was unlike anything they had ever seen, the bad however was terrifying to the point that the dialogue between us was over — they were visually shaken. It was very tense and I did not want to push.
    All of the sudden interpretation came of what was seen while dead. I shared that what they saw was heaven and hell, and why they had been shown this. Gods word tells that it is not God’s Will that anyone should perish or die and be separated from God and go to hell. I told this person God Loves you so much He showed you both heaven and hell so you could decide your eternal destination.
    It was then explained how God will not send anyone to hell, but rather how it is a person’s personal acceptance or rejection of Jesus Christ that determines that. Like any gift, we can either accept it or reject it, the free gift of salvation is exactly that — a free gift that Jesus purchased in His own blood and death on the cross of Calvary. Jesus literally died in our place effectively paying our penalty for our sins. He died so we could live. I then explained that this is one gift everyone needs to receive and not reject.
    I then heard the sound of my ride home and gathered my belongings to go with me. As I went towards the door the waiting patient extended their hand to shake my hand and said thank you for the conversation. Their countenance appeared to change into one of understanding and peace. I believe this person felt Gods love for them in that moment.
    Gods word tells us in Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Have you made Jesus the Lord of your life? Receive the Gift of salvation.

Be Blessed and Be Encouraged Jesus Loves You! Mike 1/29/2019

Thanks for sharing the story, Mike.

Comment

Thank you Rebeca, God cares and has so much for all of his creation, sometimes people simply need someone to tell them of His goodness. I understand people not being aware of any sort of relational aspect with God, as I was one of those people for a very long time. Religion blinded me from the truth. However when I finally came into the knowledge of the truth about Jesus I was freed from the guilt shame and condemnation of religion and began a personal relationship with Jesus with a brand new beginning for the rest of my life, being Born Again, just as Jesus said in John 3:3 that all must be born again, (spiritually re-born). Jesus didn’t come to earth to establish a denomination He came to illustrate a personal relationship with mankind, even died for us so that we could live in Him. He overcame Hell death and the grave and so do we when we repent of our sins and ask Jesus to come into our hearts and make Him Lord of our lives! Now that truly is a Gift from God! As Ephesians 2:8-9 states, it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith (in Jesus), and this not of yourselves, it is a gift of God and not of works, lest any man should boast. Blessings Encouragement Healing and Wholeness to All, in Jesus Name!

Comment

Working...
      X