Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how you feel like all of us is it hard. The first 3 years I would cry my self to see every night. After treatment could not function. One day my PD nurse told me to try peritoneal dialysis I reluctantly said yes. It is the best thing that has happened to me in5 years.it is a God send for me. So try to talk to you're PD Nurses how know it might be better for you God Bless

Comment

hi I am new to dialysis and some people same when you get a fistula put in your arm they insert the needles into a port instead of going into your arm everytime can someone help clear this up and is it safe.

Comment

I've been on dialysis for 14yrs I have seen people run atleast 6mi a week on dialysis weight lift, myself I cut grass in the summer even after treatment so it's really a mind set you look to be tired after treatment cause that's what the talk about but I have witness different. I have had to run dialysis in Florida last year and going to do it again in April . Hope this give you some good insight about your treatment. Feel free to ask me anything about my experience

Comment

I feel ya. I’m 51 and just started PD. Was diagnosed with kidney disease in 2011. And now PD. I still go thru many different emotions, good and bad, but I try to stay positive, but its hard. I was majorly active. In law enforcement fir almost 25 years, traveled a lot, a runner/walker. This disease has kicked my ***. Try to find a important purpose and that might help. My faith helps too. Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by lvdizznee View Post
            We are all basically in the same situation - and nothing I did caused my kidney disease. I used to just get up and go - can't do that any more....but to me, dealing with all this nonsense and trying to keep positive is the only way. I wouldn't want to be 6 feet under just b'cuz I have ESRD and didn't opt to do something about it. think of one positive thing a day - I usually joke around with the techs and nurses - and that keeps me going. I've also decided t say hello and goodbye to all the patients when they come in and when I leave. Dialysis sucks, that is true but it is giving me the opportunity to see another sunrise.
            I so much agree that dialysis is a better option than dead. I am grateful that there is a machine that can keep me alive. I will definitely sacrifice a few hours a week to live my life.

Comment

I know being on dialysis is hard but you have to have a positive outlook on life it can always be worse. Just think God has allowed you to be here to give some else encouragement not discouragement smile life is good

Vanessa

Comment

I am 79 and have been on dialysis for 2 years, type 2 diabetic, now free of insulin. One of my bblood ppressure meds (clonidine) caused my pressure to drop suddenly causing me to fall getting out of the car and breaking the fibula and tibula in my left leg and the ankle on my right leg. After that my dialysis was secondary to the pain i feel learning to walk again. In any case, if I want to live, i will go to dialysis my 3 times a week with no complaints and try to keep smiling and positive. We are avid camper travelevers and i cant get in the motor home. So stuck in Florida full time and no summer up north. But we have a nice pool here to exercise without pain. You can always find a positive for every negative. An antidepressant helps too!!

Comment

I know how you feel I've been on kidney liver
                  transplant list for 2 yrs and one and a half on dialysis went to my brothers for a week had dialysis 2 times while there so those 2 days were a blur I get tired but I think of all the people and things I'd miss if I didn't go so I go I haven't missed a day since I was on dialysis I just pray for the want to go on and I have it I'll pray for you too

Comment

Working...
                  X