Would anyone want to share their story with me? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would anyone want to share their story with me?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, here goes....I was diagnosed with Kidney Disease 12 years ago, I was 50 - after having a kidney biopsy it was determined it was not related to my Type 1 Diabetes, it was renal sarcoidosis....my nephrologist who I used was so awesome - she was up front and gave me lots of information. I am the kind of patient who knows, researches, asks a ton of questions. She told me it was not a matter of if I started dialysis but when I start dialysis. I moved to Florida 2 years ago from CT, found a great nephrologist - you need to question and find someone you feel comfortable with. I was hospitalized the first year due to my high calcium level, was determined I was also now hypercalcemic (spelling on that one) so he recommended I have a fistula put in for when dialysis became a reality. I had the fistula for a year and a half and started dialysis back in August 2016. There are good days, there are bad days, but I have learned to keep them in stride. I still work full time but can no longer travel out to my company's offices to train as trying to get a shift which allows me 8 hours to train staff on their schedule is awful. I love DaVita, I choose them because they have locations everywhere especially near where my family lives. At Christmas I had dialysis on my normal days but not at my normal time so that was not terrific but hey, I was with my family. I've recently completed the application for a Kidney Transplant - I did my research before I moved as I was on a Kidney Transplant list at Yale - because of the different areas of the country, I needed to apply again - so waiting. Planning on vacationing to visit family in Nebraska and hey! DaVita is right in town at the hospital so going to make my plans soon. that's about it for me - all the best to you.

Comment

I was just diagnosed with stage 3 .last week..i dont know if its A or week...would like to view kidney friendly recipes...i know it has to be a lifestyle change...i believe i will be healed...

Comment

I am not on dialysis or meds

Comment

Thank you jenifer...after i read posts i will be praying also...

Comment

Originally posted by Coffee064 View Post
            I was just diagnosed with stage 3 .last week..i dont know if its A or week...would like to view kidney friendly recipes...i know it has to be a lifestyle change...i believe i will be healed...
            Hi Coffee064, welcome to myDaVita!

I just wanted to share that you can view over 1,000 of DaVita's kidney-friendly recipes here: https://www.davita.com/recipes/. You could also try using the DaVita Diet Helper: http://bit.ly/2hLeEZz. It can help you plan and track kidney-friendly meals that adhere to your nutritional goals.

I hope this helps! Have a great weekend

Comment

Working...
            X