X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On dialysis by the age of 20

I'm new here. I thought I could find someone to talk to with similar problems. I'm only 20 years old, already on dialysis with stage 5 kidney failure. Every day is really hard and I just feel like an outcast. I can't do the things a normal 20 year old could do and it really makes me feel alone in the world. Is there anyone out there who is closer to my age and will give me some advice?

Been trying the same thing here, not much luck though. Davita dos not monitor the site often and asking them questions directly is a waste of time. Good luck, I am not happy with Davit at all. They messed up my medication, there is supposed to be a car team, I rarely see one around and the moderators on here are a joke. Good luck in you future. You might try the website dialysissucks.com

Comment

Hi Loganwon,

We're very sorry to hear that you've been unhappy with your center. Can you please send me a direct message with the name of your center and a little bit more information? We can work with Guest Services directly to address your concerns.

Thank you,
      Caitlyn
      Originally posted by Loganwon View Post
      Been trying the same thing here, not much luck though. Davita dos not monitor the site often and asking them questions directly is a waste of time. Good luck, I am not happy with Davit at all. They messed up my medication, there is supposed to be a car team, I rarely see one around and the moderators on here are a joke. Good luck in you future. You might try the website dialysissucks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Loganwon View Post
        ............ there is supposed to be a car team..............
        Really? Do they provide valet parking, or are you talking about a NASCAR team????

Comment

Hi, I was in the same boat you are in now. I'm now 45 y/o and have had transplants, hemodialysis, and now peritoneal. I also worked as a RN for almost 15 years. I can give advice on anything you want: working, collage, travel, sex, marriage, and of course how to deal w/ ESRD.

Comment

TRAVIS hey I'm 31, started on dialysis at age 29. If you would like to talk I can give you my cell number. Im serious and I am happy to answer any questions or just talk with you. Karen.ps-I know how you feel. I remember one day just crying thinking omg is this my life now? And it can really get to you just try to be positive, i know thats corny but it gets better.

Comment

I started dialysis when I was 21. I lived alone and my only income was SSI and Social Security.. I did not have much family support. I figured I will either live or die. So on good days, I would ride the city bus and enjoy the sites. Then on bad days I did the same. Finding religion helped.
              ​ Now its 35 years later,thanks to god for just listening to me, a successful fistula(lasted 23yrs), marriage of 28 years to a wonderful woman. Not saying it was all good, their were some bad days and dark times along the way.
              ​ My thought for you is...With all your limitations find something you like doing, where its listening to your music or jogging if you are able.
              ​if my example says anything, " you never know what tomorrow will bring"

Comment

Originally posted by Travisherning View Post
                I'm new here. I thought I could find someone to talk to with similar problems. I'm only 20 years old, already on dialysis with stage 5 kidney failure. Every day is really hard and I just feel like an outcast. I can't do the things a normal 20 year old could do and it really makes me feel alone in the world. Is there anyone out there who is closer to my age and will give me some advice?
                I'm not your age, but I too am just getting started on dialysis with stage 5. I can tell you from my experience so far, I too feel like an outcast, especially when co-workers bring doughnuts or tacos to work, meanies. Sometimes just knowing there's other people out there, (age not included) going through the same thing helps most. Sometimes just having people to talk to about normal things, day to day life, movies, music. Or like other members have suggested, just get out of the house and let your mind experience the beauty around the world. My door is open to you and anyone else to just kick back and talk about whatever you feel like.

Comment

When i got started I went through the same kinds of feelings you are feeling. I'm one of those people who asks about everything about my treatment. The more you know the better. Don't be afraid to ask and be assertive about getting answers. Become part of your treatment team. Don't just sit there and let them do things to you. As a patient you CAN deny treatment, it's the law called Patient Rights. I call my treatments "Going to Spa" because people think it's funny and it makes me smile. I remind myself that going to treatment is like having a part time job. You are no an outcast than someone with diabetes who has to eat certain foods. Reach out to some of the posters that have reached out to you. It will help immensely. It got better for me. Now it's part of my routine and I do feel better after treatment. Good luck. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X