Neuropathy - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums


Announcement Module
No announcement yet.


Page Title Module
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Neuropathy

    I am not diabetic, but do suffer from neuropathy of my feet. Is there any treatment for this?

  • #2
    neurontin.. or lyrica ,, these are what I have taken for it
    Adapt and overcome.......


    • #3
      I just recently have been diagnosed with Neuropathy as well. My doctor currently subscribed me to Cymbalta, However I just noticed an article posted on that a study done by (JAMA) the Journal of the American Medical Association linked Dialysis patients taking Phosphorous binders for 2 years or more is linked to having a deficiency in Vitamin B12. One of the side effects to having a deficiency in Vitamin B12 causes the tingling and numbness in hands and feet. Considering from what I can tell Davita Blood labs don't currently show Vitamin B12 in my blood lab results. Might want to get ask your Doctor and get it checked.

      What happens if I don't get enough vitamin B12?

      Vitamin B12 deficiency causes tiredness, weakness, constipation, loss of appetite, weight loss, and megaloblastic anemia. Nerve problems, such as numbness and tingling in the hands and feet, can also occur. Other symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency include problems with balance, depression, confusion, dementia, poor memory, and soreness of the mouth or tongue. Vitamin B12 deficiency can damage the nervous system even in people who don't have anemia, so it is important to treat a deficiency as soon as possible.


      • #4
        You should consult a doctor for thorough diagnosis and treatment.
        Quality Urgent Care San Antonio


        • #5
          I have chronic neuropathy in my legs. I tried neurontin but had side effects that were worrisome. I take a lot of other medications so when I ended up in a Nero-ICU following a life-threatening fll, I was taken off 7 medications. I have been getting B-12 injections (ordered by my PCP) for years. I also take a supplement periodically. I find they help a lot with the leg numbness and my energy levels. discuss the injection option with your nephrologist, or better yet, your primary care physician. In my case it's a lot easier to get to her than him (I live 45 miles from the nephrologist, 8 from PCP).


          • #6
            First have a blood test that shows your electrolytes level and then maybe ask your doctor about taking a B12 supplement. There is a tablet which is held under the tongue so that it slowly dissolves. People who have had weight loss surgery (like me) use this form of B12 since the surgery gives you an absorption problem. (I am anemic too and have had iron sucrose IV treatments in the past.)


            • #7
              This is very nice Calendar April 2017 and amazing


              Back to Top