X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swelling in foot

My left foot is swollen and very painful. The swelling doesn't seem to go down. I have Stage 4 kidney disease, and Dr told me I also have Gout. Is this from the Kidney disease? Will this pain and swelling go down in my foot. The only pain killer I can take is Vicodin. This Kidney Disease is scaring me so bad.

No, gout comes from a poorly balanced diet, usually from too many rich foods and meats.

Comment

Yes, the pain and swelling will recede in it's time! Just finished a bout with it in my left hand. Yes, it moves around to joints.Too much uric acid in blood which forms crystals in the joints, therefore swelling and pain.I was eating too many fresh tomatoes (in season) in my salad.Long term, I have been taking Allopurinol, 100 mg daily. Given an old home remedy which helped me on this last flare-up: BLACK CHERRY JUICE. I am a believer now as I keep several jars in the frig. You will find this product in health food stores and some grocery chains.

Comment

I'm on Allopurinol 300 and I still have gout problems -- and dieticians don't know how to deal with someone with one kidney, gout, crohn's, hypothyroidism.

Comment

Hello, When I drank cherry Active it reduced the Urea in my blood to the levels of a small child according to the doctor. It has melatonin in it which is a sleep hornone. But it does work.

Comment

The only thing that controls my Gout is Allopurinol 300mg a day

Comment

My son has Gout and he has to limit all red meats.

Comment

Why have'nt you consulted a professional till now?

Comment

Working...
                X