Close Mobile Navigation

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a Diabetic Person will have Kidney Problem?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a Diabetic Person will have Kidney Problem?

Hi,
    My Mother is having diabetics for 25 years. Only for the last 5 months she's taking Insulin. Is diabetic Patient has chances of having Kidney Problem?
    Last edited by bdodsworth123; 08-22-2012, 10:28 AM. Reason: removing unrelated links

As long as she keeps her blood sugars tightly controlled and goes to her checkups, she should be fine. Also, watch the sodium intake. No more than 1500 mgs a day.

Comment

Your mother is fortunate to only have had to have insulin the ast 5 months. Is her diabetes well controlled? That is of key importance. I nave had diabetes nsulin dependent and very brittle. I am not a doctor so this should not replace the advice of your doctor. Many people with long term well controlled glucose levels are never going to have the complications of dibetes. With new therepies lik the insulin pump and c ontinuous glucose monitoring system,even better control is possible, but it is expensive! May your Mother be blessed with continued good health from the gracious Lord and Savior Jesus.
      Hoofpkr

Comment

the Key is to keep the sugar well controlled i have stage 4 pushing on the door for stage 5 my ckd is from uncontrolled diabetic my kidney dr believes i was a diabetic for at least 5 years before they found that i was a diabetic best advice is to be your own addvicate and know what your labs should be if you see changes get another opion that way you can catch any problems in the beginging and avoid further health problems

Comment

Yes if her blood sugar is under controlled than there is no risk of kidney problem...So take care of her..

Comment

A diabetic must have full control of diabetes ,it can lower the risk of any danger.Kidney diseases may occur if renal cells can not access insulin .So it is far better to give your mother a complete cure of diabetes to not only save from kidney but also another disease.

Comment

Originally posted by Kernal6699 View Post
              Hi,
              My Mother is having diabetics for 25 years. Only for the last 5 months she's taking Insulin. Is diabetic Patient has chances of having Kidney Problem?
              Diabetes is the number one cause of kidney failure and continues to rise each year. Yes, you should try to control our diabetes, but even when controlling, you still have a chance of kidney fialure. We are all different and our bodies react to different circumstances differently.
              NxStage - Since April - 06
              Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

M3Riddler is right, 40% of kidney disease is diabetics, and you have to manage your blood sugars well. You may develop some level of kidney disease but not go all the way to dialysis. Many people think of kidney disease as only dialysis, but the damage is done in stages 1-5. I would ask her doctor for a microalbumin test of her urine and see if she has protein in her urine. That way you can find out if she is going in that direction. Better to know than hope.

Comment

what my doctor told me 16 yrs ago when i first was diagnosed with kidney disease is that 50% of diabetics will have some sort of kidney damage....however, if her diabetes is well controled, it will help....it's not a guarantee that she won't have kidney problems, but it will help....

Comment

yes for people with diabetes, kidney problems are usually picked up.
                    Health Aid

Comment

Originally posted by Kernal6699 View Post
                      Hi,
                      That was not in my knowledge but after searching over your disease, i found an article on (http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/kdd/) and it is clear that Diabetes is the most common cause of kidney failure, accounting for nearly 44 percent of new cases. People with kidney failure undergo either dialysis, an artificial blood-cleaning process, or transplantation to receive a healthy kidney from a donor. Most U.S. citizens who develop kidney failure are eligible for federally funded care.

Comment

Hi, everybody. I have been enjoying reading this website. I'm really learning a lot. The reason I've been researching is that I have diabetes and I really don't want to keep taking insulin and getting side effects. I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice on some good natural remedies for diabetes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Yes. Kidney disease 's complications is Diabetic Nephropathy. and Diabetic Nephropathy is a common complication of Diabetes. Kidneys are consisted of millions of nephrons in the body. Normally, these tiny structures can help purify the blood by excreting wastes, toxins, extra fluid and preserving useful substances. However, long-term high blood sugar level will cause damage to the functioning units and rapid decline of kidney function. In addition, clinical cases have shown that high blood pressure can lead to the occurrence of diabetic kidney disease. If poorly controlled, these abnormal signs will speed up it’s progression to ESRD.

Comment

If you have diabetes, your blood glucose/sugar levels are too high. Over time, this can damage the kidneys.
                            Quality Urgent Care San Antonio

Comment

Wow such great information. I'm a diabetic. Thank you everyone for sharing. I'm learning alot also.

Comment

Working...
                              X