Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger

Extremely hungry

Can you give more details? What stage CKD? Are you having trouble knowing what to eat???

Comment

really hot......

Comment

I always feel hungry but try not to over eat, my weight last time on dialysis was 57.7, so I figured I could get away with drinking heaps of water while on dialysis. I always have snacks with me as the sandwich is never enough. I sometimes drink coke while on dialysis and eat chocolate.

Comment

Strange, as my docs have said all dark soda and choc are big no nos . this was confirmed by the Davita people at a seminar I attended.

Comment

Me thinks your pulling our leg!

Comment

Yes, they are all high in phosphorus.

Comment

soda

Originally posted by dozitmtr View Post
                Strange, as my docs have said all dark soda and choc are big no nos . this was confirmed by the Davita people at a seminar I attended.
                i dont think thats true

Comment

yer an idjit.

Comment

You're right...Coke and Chocolate is not part of the diet. Coke is high in phosphorus. Better to drink 7up instead!

Comment

Towards the end of my four-hour dialysis run, I get really hungry but not thirsty. Not sure how true but one of my techs said it is because all the fluid in your stomach has been removed so... Yes dark soda (besides most root beers) are a no-no along with chocolate but not everyone obeys the rules and/or if your phosphorus is low you can occasionally get an ok to treat yourself. (my dietician even said so)

Comment

Both root beers and orange sodas vary widely in content - I did a search and we made choices that fit with guidelines - it seems especially the flavored ones are inconsistent from one brand to another. We chose Diet Orange Sunkist - one with breakfast - and an occasional A&W Root beer float maybe once a week to keep numbers well within normal ranges.

Comment

I thought we were supposed to drink Crush orange, Sprite and A&W root beer Not ever dark soda or chocolate. It was hard but out of my life they went. I have lots of trouble with potassium and phosphorous. Where I mess up is barbeque, tamales, and fruits, I have limited my self to mostly Sea food. We will see if it helps.

Comment

it appears some fruits are better than othes, I like apples & strawberries.

Comment

Working...
                            X