Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband is very confused after dialysis - he also has COPD and heart valve problems called severe aortic stenosis. Does anyone else feel this way after their treatment.

Comment

I too, have a problem with the DaVita location I use. We have additional problems than what you mentioned. I am in the process of collecting all that I have logged for myself in order to send a complaint with someone else I know, so that hopefully something will be done at several locations here. I am so fed up with what I have to deal with every time I go to dilaysis and my desire is to do PD @nite while I sleep.I get to the place I do not want to go to dialysis because of the situation there. I came home from dialysis nearly in tears last week...that is not good.
      So I want to encourage any one that has any kind of problem with DaVita in general(staff or whatever) keep a log of some kind of what is or is not going on, and take it to the office mgr if possible. There should be a poster in the unit with a 1-880 number to complain if you do not feel you can talk to anyone there. You could complain to the state also, and theyy will investigate. Maybe that is what needs ot be done with DaVita....Do they KNOW what is going on in their units???

(Orthoflex teeth bands fix teeth gap permanently by gradually adapting to your teeth to provide optimal and safe teeth movement. Save $10 on Your Order TODAY! Use Coupon Code FANS10 at Checkout.
      teeth gap | fix teeth gap | orthofill
      )

Comment

Home-hemo is far better than in center. You can slow the rate soo you don't have as many issues with cramps, you can add a little sterile saline. The patient can then have a heating pad, a heated blanket and Micro avaialble neck wrap. These thing make the process more bearable, not to mention you might be able to read or listen to your Bible or music or just watch the tv shows you like. The centers can't offer these thing as it might be a safety concern for them.. The flip side to home-hemo you are the technician running the machine, and cleaning it also doing the blood tests and water samples. Nextstage has excellent support people 24/7 This is not intended to be medical advice;consult your doctor and clinic. I have been doing home-hemo for over 3 years. I pray you will not be overwhelmed by the home-hemo. There is a Savior called Jesus who can calm your anxious heart. nI am confident of His mercy and grace. Good Luck. I will pray for this to be successful. Hoofpkr

Comment

Hi I'm new to all this Dialysis, because my Mom has to have treatments. She has been sent to ER 3 times after having treatment because she is being "challenged"...they take to much fluids when her dry weight is low...I'm so angry because this last time, Dec 6, 2013, she had treatment she had a severe stroke and we almost lost her....CPR had to be done on the way to ER...the time before that Oct 2013..she told the tech she didn't feel right..that they took to much fluids...she had a stroke..and was rushed from Davita to ER....I have her Dr. looking into this and to get me some answers...I don't understand the dry weight and how much fluids is to be taken..and why the tech has authority to "challenge" a patient ...any information would be helpful..as my Mom is paralyzed now on her right side from this last stroke...

Comment

My BP dropped twice where I saw blue dots and had to be given liquid to bring the BP up. Only been on dialysis two months. They changed my dry weight immediately. Suggestion since your mom must not be able to let them know when she feels the drop or they are not around from her to call before she passed out...stay with her and look at the BP when it is taken every 30 minutes or less. If it drops, call the tech over. There should be a social worker there that you can complain. There is also a place you can call which someone had on this site once but I don't know it. Someone else out there should help you.

Comment

It is not acceptable that you should have such experiences. That "challenge" thing is meaningless! One thing is they could be taking too much fluid off or they could be taking it off too quickly. As advised above, talk to the Social Worker and/or the head nurse. Once those are complete and, if you haven't come to a successful conclusion, call the ESRD Network. Here's a like to the website that will help you find your network by area. http://www.esrdnetworks.org/ Once there, click on your area and get the phone number. Call them and let them know you'd like to make register a complaint against the center. Action should happen very quickly. Good lick and I'm sorry you must suffer this!
              Fistula - March 2008
              Began Dialysis - August 2008
              Fistula Revision - Feb 2011

Dialysis Patient Citizens, Patient Ambassador
              NW14 ESRD Network, Patient Advisory Committee Member
              CDC Infections Control Discussion Panel Member
              National Kidney Foundation Peer-to-Peer Mentor

Blog: www.DevonTexas.com

Comment

I have had issues with low BP and cramping but at my DaVita, they are very good to adjust the flow as needed to alleviate the cramping (which has not been that bad even when I had it).

Comment

Weariness, where you feel tired and depleted constantly, is a normal reaction in individuals who have utilized both haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis on a long haul support. Exhaustion is thought to be brought about by a mixture of:

Comment

I got the report from the CT. The doctor said there was a very large cyst which is what is causing the pain. Two opinions were given.
                    1. drain it where a urologist will go in and drain it but the liquid will fill it again.
                    2. Have it surgically removed.
                    I didn't not make a discussion. I told him I would wait for it to pain me all the time.
                    What I really wanted was time to think and find out what is involved and what would be better. I had always hoped a kidney would come available before I would have to decide. Then I would ask the surgeon to take care of that large cyst.

So any stories or knowledge would be welcomed.

The doctor didn't tell me how much they weigh but when I said something about at least five pounds each his assistant who was close to me said a lot more. The doctor was looking at information deciding on information the nurse was showing him.

I now have two very successful treatments with no clods and no pressure problems since Oct. 17th.

Comment

can anyone tell me the absorption rate of the sponges that they use after pulling the needles? Also trying to find out how much blood is lost after the usage of three to four sponges being soaked through before clotting. and how much blood is left in the syringe after they check for resistance of the graft that is in my leg.. is it enough for an anemic patient to be worried about?

Comment

Working...
                      X