X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peritoneal Dialysis

I am getting ready to have a peritoneal catheter placed. I've been doing HHD at home through a CVA. Have had AV fistula and graft that have failed. I have crappy veins. What I'd like to know is if anyone else has went from HHD or in center HD to the peritoneal and if so how did it compare. Thanks!

I went from in center HD to peritoneal about 6 months ago. I have enjoyed PD so much better than in center. I feel better overall and haven't had the ups and downs with how I feel as compared to in center. I too had a lot of issues with my graft and was always having to have surgery to fix it. It's nice not having to worry about my graft failing or having to use needles. My labs also have improved greatly and I have so much more free time. I kick myself for not switching to PD sooner. Good luck with it!

Comment

I started at the center and did it for about one year before switching to PD. Best thing I've done. Feel much better my diet is so much easier to manage and all my numbers have been good. You are more in control of your time and your health. You will need to follow your training and everything should be fine. I've not had any problems doing the treatments at all. You will need a room to make into your treatment area. PD requires quite a bit of room for all the supplies. The most difficult part for me was the manual exchanges that you have to do for 30 days, but when that is over it becomes much easier doing your treatments.

Comment

Working...
      X