cramping and headaches - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

cramping and headaches

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cramping and headaches

tried some Tylenol once and that seemed to help, I am new to all of this so it should get better they say, but just wondering if anyone else had this problem and found out maybe how to beet the feeling.

Cramping, and to some extent headaches, are indicative of having too much fluid removed

Comment

When this happens during dialysis, notify the nurse, and an adjustment (saline solution) can be made to ease the pain. If it happens after you return home and between dialysis sessions, bring that to the attention of the nurse when you return for your next session. Changes in your dry weight may be indicated, and you may be scheduled for chest X-rays to help guide the decision to change the dry weight they work toward in dialysis. I get the headaches when my blood pressure is too low, and that is another indicator to bring to the nurses attention. Verified with a blood pressure check, you get the same response as with the cramping. The main thing is to be aware of your body during dialysis, and bring these uncomfortable changes to the nurse's attention when they begin.

Comment

i found the solution at my center , The technician rinses the tubes by pushing thru a couple bags of the fluid before I get there, basically cleaning the tubes. And my headaches have gone now. I was literally in a migraine attack as soon as I was getting plugged in. But the rinsing seems to work for me.

Comment

I am also in heart and they are trying to get my dry weight way down. I spend the last hour of dialysis fighting leg and foot cramps. ANY HELP ANY ONE HAS I'll try it

Comment

Ice you foot and sprite/a sugar drink no phosphate.

Comment

At the first sign of cramping my tech will slow down the machine, also taking a sip or two of water magically helps.

Comment

Hi, I've been on diaysis for about 7 months and I suffer from constant leg cramp sometimes all night. My Dr. rcommended CoQ10 and an increase of water. It has helped to lessen the worst of the leg cramp I experienced. On a few occasions my muscles locked and my legs totally stiffened, I couldn't bend either legs at the knee. Talk about pain...My first thought was "omg I'm getting peralysis". It took quite an effort to get out of bed and the pain was so bad I was close to screaming. From what I've read leg cramp are pretty comon on peritoneal dialysis. I hope CoQ10 can help you.

Comment

Working...
                X