Feelin' Like Crap Today - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feelin' Like Crap Today

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feelin' Like Crap Today

I'm on my 10th year now...today wa very rough, feel like ive been through a meat grinder.

Hi DavidJM, so sorry to hear about your day. I hope that tomorrow and the rest of your week improves and that you feel better.

Comment

hoping you are ok now!

Comment

Is it normal to have leg pain after starting dialysis?

Comment

There will be days like that but you have to keep praying it is tuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dogish7x View Post
            Is it normal to have leg pain after starting dialysis?

​Hi Dogish7x, welcome to myDaVita! Dialysis patients do sometimes experience muscle cramps: https://www.davita.com/kidney-diseas...nt-them/e/5292. I'd recommend speaking with your local care team for any specific questions, hopefully they can make you more comfortable during treatment!

Comment

Talk to your care team. They may be able to put you on what is called a "profile" during your treatment. A profile is a way they can set up the machine to take off different amounts of fluid during your treatment (don't quote me on this). I used to get cramps in my neck towards the end of my treatments so they put me on a profile 2, which takes off more fluid during the first 2 hours and then tapers off the last 2 hours. No more problems with cramps. Also make sure you are not dehydrated before treatment, as cramps are usually caused by dehydration. I hope your team can find a remedy for you.

Comment

I am only in my 5th or 6th month, and my experience has been I get leg cramps during dialysis, just about once a week, and I always feel like crap the rest of the day. I know I need to give it a chance, but boy oh boy, I really do not want to continue with this lack of quality of life.

Comment

Working...
                X