Dialysis and Work: Are you Working or Jobless? Maybe this can help. - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dialysis and Work: Are you Working or Jobless? Maybe this can help.

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialysis and Work: Are you Working or Jobless? Maybe this can help.

I made a review on where to find a legitimate work from home. This is simple, all you need is a computer and internet connection. Basic Data Entry are job description, But there are a lots of program you can choose from. Read it here:

Right now im doing data entry and i make blogs for guidelines in Data Entry, this is what keeps me busy while waiting for my treatment's schedule. I profit from it, and it helps me pay my dialysis treatment.
    Last edited by bdodsworth; 11-09-2012, 10:03 AM. Reason: removed external link
    "If your not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary"
    Hi guys,Visit my dialysis blog!
    www.Janshideout.com

jan1985: I noticed the link has been removed.
    Do you suppose you could email it to me at: stevek@roadrunner.com

I would love to find some companies willing to allow work from home.
    Thank you,
    Steve K

Comment

It's a scam, that's why they removed the link.

Comment

How do you get started? My husband is the one who will be on dialysis for shortly and needs to find a job working from home. I am on unemployment and going to school. I will graduate in July 2013. I have 11 years of Data Entry experience and would LOVE to find a job working from home to help supplement his income along with a more permenant job with benefits outside the home. Please let me know where to find a legitamate job working from home doing what I love to do, DATA ENTRY. Thanks

Comment

i just started Dialysis after leaving a job that demoted me becuase of the effects of the kidney failure left me unable to do a portion of my job. I ma better now but obviously I cannot do a fulltime job due to the time restraints. Any suggestions?

Comment

Yes, don't fall for those 'work at home' scammers.

Comment

Managing a full time job would be quite challenging if you were dialyzing three times per week in-center. Oddly, I discovered on several business trips that in-center dialysis scheduling can be quite flexible - depending on the center. I have been performing home hemodialyis 5X week since September 2012 and never had an issue maintaining my demanding full time job. I even took partial days of vacation to support the HHD training which stretched out over 7 weeks because of issues with infiltrations of my mature but not quite capable until a fistullogram revealed a stenosis that was resolved with balloon venoplasty (?). I travel periodically for work and while I started with trips limited to my 2 treatment days off per week, I expanded with the aid of local in-center dialysis, which I was able to schedule in the mid afternoons after the bulk of the day's work. All of this is possible with HHD and a capable and willing support team, not the least of which is my wife/care partner of 36 years. While I'm listed with two transplant programs, I have no issue continuing with HHD indefinitely as I have assimilated its demands into a busy work and play life.

Comment

The problem here is that there are heartless sociopaths who see that there are people who, because of medical issues, would like to work but can't, and these hucksters will swoop in, promise you the moon and the stars, steal your money, and vanish. There is not a single 'work at home' scheme online that is NOT a scam. Most of them are being run by African and Russian scammers. Only a fool would fall for these schemes, yet people get hooked by these cons every single day.

BTW, there are essentially zero 'data entry' jobs any more, because everybody now has computer skills, and can enter the data themselves. The day of thousands of secretaries is over. You might as well look for a job selling wagon wheels....

Comment

Comment

Just finished doing hemo in center ,after year and half worked 2jobs at first , had a lot of energy ,but can't no more not enough energy goin back to peritanail to see if it get my energy back

Comment

If you've got a care partner to train with you and support you in home hemodialysis, you can expect copious amounts of energy - enough to work a demanding full time job. That's my gig. I've been at HHD (no other form of dialysis) since July 2012 and I've been kicking *** and taking down names since the start. I did experience some set backs during training with infiltrations in my seemingly "awesome" right forearm fistula (placed 9 months earlier in October 2011). Went through a fistulogram and never looked back. Developed 5 ea. button hole sites for access with blunt 15 ga dialyis needles. Got another fistulogram (May 2014) when one of my new fistula vessels clotted off, but undeterred re-started one of the sites and when my vascular professional gave the thumbs down to one of my arterial sites that was being restricted by a "deadhead" and scar tissue, I reversed the needle, starting a new site with needle running back toward the wrist and using successive sharp cannulations to establish this new site. Like Maximus in "Gladiator", I shall have my buttonhole sites in this life and the next!!"

Drove over 1200 miles since last week Wednesday with a nocturnal HHD (in hotel) treatment on Thursday night on our way to Cambridge, MA and a week of company mandidated training at Harvard Law School. I did all the driving, with my care partner wife riding shotgun and a few sightseeing and a band performance along the way. We're holed up in a suite on the 12th floor of a 14 story hotel overlooking the Charles River and all set with the needed supplies from NxStage to perform 5 ea. nocutural treatments Su-Th and my M-Fr daytime training.

We stopped by NxStage Medical's "mothership" at 350 Merrimack, Lawrence, MA, about 30 miles from our hotel. Nobody working on Sunday, but talked to Tech Support's Dan, working from home. Maybe we'll see him and the inside of the 8 story new building on the Merrimack River sometime this week.

Get on the HHD train and get your life and your energy back!!!!!

Comment

That's so awesome! I'm glad you got in some sightseeing and a band performance en route to your company event. Sounds fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X