X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVICE ON MEDICARE AND MARKETPLACE INSURANCE

Hi, my husband has insurance in the Market place, the social worker at the dialysis clinic toll him to apply for Medicare... he apply, the part A is free and the part B we need to pay $134 per month ($804 is our first bill) plus wherever we need to pay for part D, which is a lot more than we are paying in the Market place....
    My question is: if we cancel Medicare, can we keep the insurance at the market place with the tax credits? Is anyone in the same situation? Any advice will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by yulight View Post
    Hi, my husband has insurance in the Market place, the social worker at the dialysis clinic toll him to apply for Medicare... he apply, the part A is free and the part B we need to pay $134 per month ($804 is our first bill) plus wherever we need to pay for part D, which is a lot more than we are paying in the Market place....
    My question is: if we cancel Medicare, can we keep the insurance at the market place with the tax credits? Is anyone in the same situation? Any advice will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    THIS might be a better route. If you live in Ny, there is another option. I found out about this through word of mouth. If you make more than Medicaid allows , there is a program called Medicaid surplus/spenddown. Without medicare, there is a ratio of coverage depending on income. If you have medicare, you submit a letter from your dialysis unit. I was told 90% time. Medicare picks up 80%. Medicaid picks up the rest. You could ask about from your local Medicaid office Medicare part A is free.

Comment

I would like the contact number of Davita's claim department. I had insurance that required documentation My local clinic reps acted like this was the first time this request was made. Now I received I bill. Now I have to pray my insurance will cover it because documentation was supposed to been sent within the first 30 days.

Comment

There should be an insurance adviser at your dialysis clinic; that is the person you need to ask.

Comment

Working...
        X