Turning 65 soon . . . copay cards - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning 65 soon . . . copay cards

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning 65 soon . . . copay cards

The local DaVita insurance expert won't return my phone calls or reply to my emails, so I sent a letter to corporate asking this question. They haven't answered me either. Seriously poor customer service! So maybe someone here can help me out.

I'll be turning 65 in a few months, which means I'll be losing my private prescription drug insurance an'd .getting moved into a Medicare Part D plan. Trouble is, you can't use those manufacturer's copay cards if you're on a Medicare drug plan.

The cash price for Fosrenol is horribly expensive. That copay card has saved me thousands of dollars per year, and now, thanks to our government, I won't be able to use it anymore. Does anybody have a solution for this problem? I'm not the first DaVita patient to turn 65.

Hi abell12, thank you for reaching out here. Can you please send me a direct message with your preferable contact information? We will forward it along for someone to reach out directly to you.

Thank you, have a great weekend!
    Kelsey

Comment

You Will have to join Medicare A & B and maybe take a medicare supplement insurance plan for medical & drug the drug manufacturers offer
      some co-pay assistance. If you can't afford insurance apply for Medicaid. Are you still working? If not you have abetter chance of getting the aid
      I am still working and as most of the middle class according to standards I make to much even though on prescription cost when I hit the donut hole
      one is 415.00 another is 357.00 almost 800.00 extra a month. How may people have an extra 800.00 a month when living pay check to paycheck?
      Stick it to the elderly on fixed incomes.

Comment

Working...
      X