bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease

I just wanted to know what the color was for kidney disease? there are now 2 of us at work with kidney disease and we were just wondering what the color was; i can't seem to find it anywhere on the www. thanks
    sigpic "In order to be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid"
    The words of an old and wise Apache Indian.

Re: bracelet or ribbon color for kidney disease

http://www.awarenessdesigns.com

Green is the Kidney awareness color.....least according to THIS website!
    "a true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths.,feels your fears but forrtifies your faith,sees your anxieties but frees your spirit & recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities"

in center hemo awaiting cath placement for home PD
    Type 2 Diabetic
    Potassium/phosphate & protein restricted
    feeling stronger every day! :-)

Comment

Yes green is the colour.

http://www.cafepress.com/kidneykorner

http://www.kidneyjewelry.com/
      Angie
      Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
      I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
      • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
      • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
      • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Green is the color for any organ donation. I'm wondering if kidney specifically is orange only because the National Kidney Foundation sells orange "Love Your Kidneys" bracelets. Just a thought...
        MGN diagnosed 1985, non-diabetic,
        NxStage home hemodialysis from Feb thru July 2011,
        Live donor (Mom) transplant on 7/11/11,

Comment

Originally posted by Iffer View Post
          Green is the color for any organ donation. I'm wondering if kidney specifically is orange only because the National Kidney Foundation sells orange "Love Your Kidneys" bracelets. Just a thought...
          I got an email from the National Kidney Foundation about hats they are now selling that say "Love Your Kidneys" and it is written in orange as well. But No that is only orange because the National Kidney Foundation's colours are Orange and Red where as in my country (Canada) the Kidney Foundation of Canada's colours or blue and white so everything here is blue.

That is the issue I am having with the Kidney Foundation of Canada with what colour stands for kidneys actually. It seems similar to when DaVita had the blue bracelets while everyone else had the green bracelets. The Blue was (is) their colour. They no longer sell them however but everyone else I talked to said kidney AND organ donation is green. But I can't convince my kidney foundation of that.

So instead I am concentrating on big red kidneys to put on things I will still wear green ribbons on my shirts and jackets
          Angie
          Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search

Comment

I would wear a bracelet that reflected CKD if it were similar to the yellow ones (Live Strong) Lance has made so popular.

Stage 3 (GFR 35) & Diabetes.

Comment

I had a kidney shaped window sticker sent to me by the NKF that is in orange and red that says "I love you with all my kidney." It's going on my Jeep!!!!!!
              Vicky

Husband, Dave, IgAN end stage
              PD dialysis since March of 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky View Post
                I had a kidney shaped window sticker sent to me by the NKF that is in orange and red that says "I love you with all my kidney." It's going on my Jeep!!!!!!
                In Canada we have red kidney stickers that say that I remember them from when I was a little kid. It is kinda odd to see that slogan now becoming so popular in the USA when Canada could not get the word out there lol
                Angie

Comment

Locally our green bracelets are "Donate Life" "Done Vida"

Comment

I feel like this is part of the issue. We have no one set color to represent this disease. Like breast cancer.

Comment

I am new where do you get the braclets?

Comment

22brooklyn Go to search at the top of the page and put in braclets. There is info there and a picture of a green ribbon. Read them all to get down to that picture and you will have your answer.

Comment

I have stage 3 since 2009. I am so tired I feel like sleeping but I think it's the b/p meds I take 3 times a day GFR is 41.5

Comment

Working...
                          X