X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live support groups to attend

I have CKD stage 3. Today I received the results of my recent labs, and I believe Iím now at stage 4. In March of this year, I found out I have CKD. Iím wanting to attend support groups (in person) and canít seem to find any. Is there such a support group for CKD? Iíve done an online FB support group, and have found thereís issues among the members, and deception as to some legitimately having CKD. So I really prefer to go in person. I live in Little Elm, TX. Does anyone have any info they may share with me? Thanks!

Contact the community education department of the hospital in your area. I tried that route and they were receptive, but the educators couldn't find a clinician willing to co-sponsor a group at that time. (They want a medical professional involved to make sure that any info exchanged is accurate.) You might have better luck with your local hospital. Other options are to try starting a Meetup group or to ask your nephrologist if he or she would be open to hosting a quarterly support / education event for patients. Good luck! I may try again myself. :-)

Comment

Working...
    X