X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by melaniegoss View Post
    hiii.... I wana ask ...what is renal failure dating ????
    Can u telll me please...
    Hey Mel,
    That is a good question, renal failure dating eh?
    My guess would be that it means a "date" with your nephrologist to discuss dialysis and/or transplant issues
    I jest
    Welcome to the forum, Mel!
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by samcanbe View Post
      As people with CKD (with all of its inconvenience i.e. tiredness, confusion etc.), it is often wee bit harder to a partner and/or simply go on fun dates/social events

No doubt there are lovely people out there who wouldn't mind getting involved with someone having CKD but unfortunately, there arent many of 'em

So, this is being an experiment, a sort of e-harmony for people with renal disorders...
      perhaps each of us who is interested can post a mini-profile, indicating the following:

Who: m/f
      Interests: ....
      Where: City and/or State
      What: Student, FT job etc...

And wherever several of the above parameters match, the interested parties can then PM each other?

How does that sound?

Sam
      I am surprised that there seems to not be one dating site for people with kidney disease.
      There must be thousands of people out there with this condition who would love to find a partner who understands their needs because they are in a similar position.
      I am in my late 60's on hemodialysis for the past 4 years due to PKD.and would like to find a partner.
      Apart from having to go to the clinic for 15 hours of treatment each week I am able to lead a pretty normal life .
      I am able to do the things most people of my age can do despite my kidney function being near zero. Admittedly I do have the odd day when I feel quite tired but most of the time I can function normally.
      One of my senior nurses said to me recently that I am the healthiest patient they have at the clinic.
      I put a lot of that down to the nutritional supplement regime I have been on for the past 20 years.
      I have recently completed a major restoration of a beautiful classic design 24 foot keel yacht and would really love to find a lady to share sailing her with.
      Most people would not want to take on someone with this kind of disease - and that is understandable so where does one start looking?
      I feel I have a lot to offer the right person.

Comment

Hello Happyguy,

I've been a big proponent of nutrutional supplments since the 80's and attribute the regimen to great health, energy and stamina in spite of a PKD diagnosis in 2002 and HHD since July 2012.

I however don't need a date, as my willing and capable care partner/spouse of 36 years provides all of the support and companionship I require. If you were to find an individual willing to serve in the dual role of companion and care partner, you could seriously consider HHD and forego the 15 hours per week of in-center treatment and schedule 5 or 6 treatments per week in the comfort of your home in the company of your partner. Granted HHD is more dialysis hours per week, but the tradeoff is improved empowerment through the convenience and flexibility of determining your weekly treatment schedule.

You've got around 10 years on me and retirement time I do not have. I work a demanding full time job that has included short notice over night and multi-night travel and I've supported it and an active lifestyle without missing a beat since starting hemodialysis with HHD training back in July of 2012. I do get a taste of the in-center "life" when I treat in dialysis centers near to my business travel destinations and then only to augment my home treatments to stay on my 5X weekly treatment schedule.

I'm listed with two kidney transplant programs and coming up on 3 years on the list and a likely call as the recipient for a cadaver kidney. I've got the HHD process and discipline dialed in to such a satisfying place and I'm ambivalent enough regarding taking on all of the new challenges associated with receiving a kidney that I might just say "give the kidney to the next person on the waiting list".

Comment

Hi. I am Rick, age 46, never married and single. Just added to the transplant list (on March 27) and love movies, baseball, music, concerts, books. Live in Newtown, CT.

Comment

hello jenjen76 i already made a dating group in the group section under lifestyles just started it yesterday go join it

Comment

i just made one yesterday in the group section lifestyles section

Comment

Hey. My name is Rachel and I am 20 years old. I've been on dialysis every night for a year and half while i wait for a transplant. Itd be cool just to hear other peoples stories or even meet someone roughly closer to my age to see how they cope with this. This disease is quite isolating when your this young and honestly it sucks. I'd love to hear what other people think of this

Comment

Hi, my name is Adam. I'm 35 years old,diabetic since 6 years old, diagnosed on Halloween, on hemodialysis in-center, been on dialysis for 3 years now since June 11th 2014. I'm single and can't find anybody on these other dating sites. I stumbled upon this message forum by accident. I was actually just looking for a support group lol. I agree with Rachael, it is a very isolating disability. I've been trying to find someone who understands this disease but all i seem too get is pity and "aww, but you're so young." Makes me feel so cruddy about myself. It's a brutal blow to the confidence. 👎
                  Last edited by Dtaegan; 10-17-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

It is tougher for dating, but possible. I had been on dialysis for about a year before I started dating again. Finding someone who is wanting and willing to try to understand what we go through and deal with can be tough. I just got out of a 3 yr relationship (issues unrelated to dialysis). Sometimes though you have to wade through a lot of people to get to that one that will be your partner in all of this craziness that is our life. Its tough, but I want that chance at happiness so I will put myself back out there.

Comment

How about renal pick-up lines?

"Hey, baby, what's your GFR?"

Comment

I always thought I was pretty open minded, but when I read a while back about someone who was looking for a woman his age to communicate with I thought "this is a site for people with kidney disease, not a dating site". However after reading these comments I see how small minded I was. Yes, we are allowed to find happiness even though we have a disease and it's nice to find someone who understands. My apologies to everyone for my original thoughts and good luck to all of you!

Comment

Greetings to all. I never thought that I would find myself in this state of emotional despair. New
                          in center dialysis patient, lonely, feeling as if life has passed me by and above all no one to share my true inner self
                          with . I am a happy person and desires to see that person evolve again. Female, 61 years old with lots of life still inside. Now what am I to do?

Comment

I am single and considered by many women as a very nice and handset man. I am 52 years old and have no children. I find it quite difficult to develop a relationship with a woman willing to deal with or accept for for who I am with current health issues.

Comment

Hi I'm in Michigan. 50 plus and single. Been on dialysis about 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X