X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renal Dating! :)

As people with CKD (with all of its inconvenience i.e. tiredness, confusion etc.), it is often wee bit harder to a partner and/or simply go on fun dates/social events

No doubt there are lovely people out there who wouldn't mind getting involved with someone having CKD but unfortunately, there arent many of 'em

So, this is being an experiment, a sort of e-harmony for people with renal disorders...
    perhaps each of us who is interested can post a mini-profile, indicating the following:

Who: m/f
    Interests: ....
    Where: City and/or State
    What: Student, FT job etc...

And wherever several of the above parameters match, the interested parties can then PM each other?

How does that sound?

Sam

Re: Renal Dating!

well, that sounds like fun Sam, but I'll bet most of the people on here are already married or in a serious relationship, I mostly read about spouses and care givers being so helpful, and it sounds SO nice but I haven't met anyone as yet who is interested in dating someone like me who is on PD and 60 years old....I've already got 2 strikes against me. which is unfortunate because I actually am a fun person and enjoy travel. I fly free but there's nobody to take along with me :-(
    CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
    since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
    kidney function improved after 2 years
    presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
    diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Hi Patty!

Hmmm...yeah, truth be told, you are probably correct in that most members on here are likely already taken. Maybe we can call this... a sort of pen pal thing? instead of 'hardcore' dating or something...

Fly free?? OMG , lucky you

I love traveling... having done most of western europe, Tanzania( Mt. Kilimajaro) and Nepal (Everest base camp) are on top of my to-visit-next list but alas, my student pocket cant afford those trips atm

Sam

Comment

well im married BUT I think this IS a AWESOME AWESOME idea and I think this could be the next big thing I think you should SERIOUSLY look into starting a dating site geared towards people with ckd!!!--- ya never know look at all the other dating site inventors they are living nicely finacially!!!-I was watching Joan Rivers -how'd you get so rich and there was a guy who was rich off some dating site id never even heard of--best of luck to you I think its BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
        ckd,stage3,due to birth defect/refulx,controlled b/p

Comment

Ok I think this is awesome!! And NO I am not married, not in relationship ( last one thought I would be too much of a risk) So, then here I am 63 Female, pre dialysis and as of Nov 1st STABLE!! Yeehaa. gosh, I am outgoing and full of personality too boot!
          Let's get some of this going, cos it does get somewhat lonely and rather frustrating that someone that has CKD is left to the side. We are still loving and living beings..
          BRING it ON.. And thanks, what a super idea.
          Diabetic type2 on insulin 1991
          CKD stage 5 dialysis started7/27/11
          Catheter 7/26/'11 Fistula Oct.2011 Not yet matured (12/25/'11)
          Arthritis, back problems.

"Courage is the art of being the only one
          who knows your'e scared to death"

Comment

libratwo, really like your saying at the end of your post!
            diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Patty> True huh?
              Diabetic type2 on insulin 1991
              CKD stage 5 dialysis started7/27/11
              Catheter 7/26/'11 Fistula Oct.2011 Not yet matured (12/25/'11)
              Arthritis, back problems.

"Courage is the art of being the only one
              who knows your'e scared to death"

Comment

I have been on dialysis almost 2yrs. in July. I lost my husband 3.5yrs ago to lung cancer. I have PKD and it runs in my family. My dad was on peritoneal dialysis w/3-4 exchanges a day and did very well till he had a massive cornary he died at 67. His mother had PKD and she did not do dialysis she died in her early 80's. I was diagnoised w/it in 87' as was my son- he was 9yr. old. He is not on dialysis and hopefully never will be.
                I have been on several dating sites(mostly for seniors) with little success. I do not devulge the dialysis info till I feel ok about the relationship. Don't want to scare them off. The ones I have met live out of state or out of town and I do not hear from them very much. People that know me locally know, but I have not been asked out...
                I know that there are decent gentlemen out there that may not be bothered by this, but as of right now I have not been so lucky to find them......I am doing so much better than when I started. I just stay tired. Am hoping to do the peritoneal while I sleep as soon as I can make room for the supplies and go thru' the training. I want to get more of my life back.
                I am white female
                ask me later
                Pensacola, FL
                not working at present

Comment

Originally posted by Travellady56
                  I have been on dialysis almost 2yrs. in July. I lost my husband 3.5yrs ago to lung cancer. I have PKD and it runs in my family. My dad was on peritoneal dialysis w/3-4 exchanges a day and did very well till he had a massive cornary he died at 67. His mother had PKD and she did not do dialysis she died in her early 80's. I was diagnoised w/it in 87' as was my son- he was 9yr. old. He is not on dialysis and hopefully never will be.
                  I have been on several dating sites(mostly for seniors) with little success. I do not devulge the dialysis info till I feel ok about the relationship. Don't want to scare them off. The ones I have met live out of state or out of town and I do not hear from them very much. People that know me locally know, but I have not been asked out...
                  I know that there are decent gentlemen out there that may not be bothered by this, but as of right now I have not been so lucky to find them......I am doing so much better than when I started. I just stay tired. Am hoping to do the peritoneal while I sleep as soon as I can make room for the supplies and go thru' the training. I want to get more of my life back.
                  I am white female
                  ask me later
                  Pensacola, FL
                  not working at present
                  hi travellady56, i too have PKD, and have lived on dialysis for over two decades now, i had a ten year run with hemo, but due to complications with numerous grafts and repairs, i had to transition to PD, when my graft in my leg failed. I received the blessing of a cadaver back in 1993, but due to complications with the anti-rejections meds and my high antibody levels from a pre mature c-section birth of my daughter, because of the development of pre clampsia, i lost the transplant in the fourth month of function. I have been on dialysis ever since, i am now in my 11th year of PD. I also self-published two books to share my experience and knowledge with others faced with dialysis for their continued survival. In my second book, i share my entire 20 years of dialysis experience, and also share my Grandma Madea's saga with her copings with PKD back in the mid 1940's, when my Grandma wasn't fortunate to have dialysis as a means for treatment for her kidney disease. I share so much more, my personal issues with dialysis, as well as my first transplant experience. I share so much in my second book, even humorous moments with dialysis, and of course an education about PKD as well, and deep sharing about this very complex renal diet, that took me a couple of years, to finally get a grasp on this very unique diet. Hit me up real soon, i would be happy to share my experience with PKD in the dialysis world.
                  take care and all the best to you,
                  Glo

Comment

I am 56, divorced, kids grown and I think this is great. I mean who wants to go on a dinner date where you barely eat, have to grab the phosphorus calculator to see what you can have and then fall asleep afterwards? LOL Ok, I am not at that point of falling asleep yet. But it isn't something you announce right off the bat obviously and then after a date or two they may just bail for all the healthy chicks out there.

Comment

KCHunny, yes life is different once you start dialysis and many people simply can not deal with that. best of luck to you!
                      diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

Mod pulled my post. What's up with that? All I did was fill in the blanks.
                        Stage 3 (GFR 35) & Diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by TRB View Post
                          Mod pulled my post. What's up with that? All I did was fill in the blanks.
                          post another one
                          I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Hello All,

I love reading the post on Davita.com....they are informative and inspirational. This is the first time posting. However, I like this idea of Renal Dating/Pen Pal

Female
                            Interests: ....spending time with my family, sports, and movies
                            Where: Miami Florinda

I know I will meet some awesome people!

Comment

hiii.... I wana ask ...what is renal failure dating ????
                              Can u telll me please...

Comment

Working...
                              X