What is nocturnal dialysis - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is nocturnal dialysis

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is nocturnal dialysis

My husband is very close to dialysis.
    Can anyone tell me aboit nocturnal dialysis?

Hi. It is doing your Dialysis while you sleep at night. Look it up on utube.

Comment

Originally posted by camelhead View Post
      My husband is very close to dialysis.
      Can anyone tell me aboit nocturnal dialysis?
      ​As an option, you could also do PD Dialysis and get the machine that works at night too. You could choose the manual option where you hook up at your own time in your own home. PD Dialysis creates a more "natural" cleaning of the body versus actually pulling the blood out, cleaning it, and putting it back in.

Comment

camelhead Nocturnal dialysis is offered in some areas both in center and at home. Check with your husband's nephrologist to see what nocturnal dialysis options are available in your area. In general, nocturnal dialysis is performed at night and is typically a 6-8 hour treatment. The frequency, if in center, is 3 treatments per week and if at home the nocturnal therapy is typically 4-6 treatments per week. The longer, slower treatment is less stressful on the heart, removes middle molecules such as phosphorous and patients typically experience improved blood pressure control. Some patients also experience improvement in their appetite and may have less fluid restrictions. Your daytime is essentially free which is great lifestyle benefit. Talk with your husband and nephrologist about home therapy options so you are informed of the choices that best fit your husbands lifestyle and clinical needs. Good luck on your journey. Check back in to let us know how it goes.
        McassinDaVitaRN
        Last edited by MichelleDaVitaRN; 05-15-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Nocturnal dialysis is just the treatments are during the night and you get to go home in the morning. They usually run the machine slower to drag the time til the morning.

Comment

Working...
          X