Brain Teaser Challenge - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain Teaser Challenge

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Teaser Challenge

If you do not have an avatar or signature image and would like one created for you, you'll need to be the first one to answer the brain teaser challenge correctly. I'll only create the image after we have a winner. Of course, creativity takes a little time, so if you win, I'll need a few days to make it for you. For those who are interested, here is your first challenge:

How far can a bear run into the woods?

To win, be the first to answer correctly. Good Luck!
    Create signature while not logged in, edited through forums.davita.com on 08/15/2012 @ 12:53!!!!!

Re: Brain Teaser Challenge

as far as he wants to? lol
    Boyfriend is the renal patient:

Diabetes completely controlled with diet
    Hypertension better with the new med schedule.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Finally got the call on 12/20/2011 that he has been listed at Cedars Sinai.

Comment

Only halfway...and then he's running out!
      Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
      *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
      High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
      ~Corrie ten Boom

Comment

And the winner is.....

I Am Blessed!!!!

Wow, congrats... Now, how do I top a frog as cute as that one??

I'm off for an appt this a.m. but I'll pm you a couple of Q's when I get back later on today I Am Blessed, okay?

Thanks for playing!
        Create signature while not logged in, edited through forums.davita.com on 08/15/2012 @ 12:53!!!!!

Comment

For those of you who have a competitive spirit and want a chance at winning the next custom avatar or signature, here's the next brain teaser challenge. You must be the first person with the correct answer to win:

What kind of nut does not have a shell?

(If you win, please allow a few days for me to make the graphic for you. Hint - knowing a little bit about you helps in the design process!)

Thanks for playing, !!!!

Good luck to all!

Comment

The only thing I can think of is a lugnut..... hee,hee. I doubt it is the right answer but I thought I'd try anyway......

Have a great night!!

Patty
            Patty Lewis
            Stage 5 CKD
            PD Dialysis since Dec 2009
            On transplant list July 15, 2011
            patty.lewis 19@ yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveFaith View Post
              What kind of nut does not have a shell?

Thanks for playing, !!!!

Good luck to all!
              My neighbors.................and myself too.
              I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Hello Marina and Patty,

Marina - Uh, no!! (I hope your neighbors are not one of those forum lurkers!!)

And Patty, I was looking for doughnut, but I happen to think lug nut is a pretty darn good answer, which I will accept by the way!

Patty is the winner!!!! (loud applause and cheers fill the air!)

Congrats, I'll be working on an avatar, unless you prefer a signature... PM me and let me know....

Comment

OHHHHH, IHaveFaith, it is BEAUTIFUL!! I couldn't have thought up a better one to do if I tried! Thank you so much for the avatar; after school today I shall put it up and replace Mr. Froggy! Frog season is about over anyway!

Thank you again!! You are so sweet!

I Am Blessed!
                  Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease, 17% renal function, 11 years
                  *Non diabetic *Non dialysis
                  High Blood Pressure, controlled

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
                  ~Corrie ten Boom

Comment

Hello to all!

Our latest winner is Patty Lewis, who sent me a PM to let me know what she liked and I hope I was able to deliver! So, without further ado, here it is!

This is probably the smallest quilt I have ever constructed! Whew, was that needle ever small!

Congrats, Patty! And thanks for playing!

Comment

First person to correctly guess the item below will win a custom avatar or signature. I prefer that the winner tell me a little bit about them before I create their image, and of course, I always do need a little bit of time to make it.

Good luck and thanks again for your participation!

Comment

They look like knitting needles, although, a bit different from the ones I use.
                        I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Hello Marina,

Nope, not knitting needles... or needles of any kind. Nice try tho!

Think hard (er)!

Comment

Are they nails (actually at first I thought they were chopsticks, but I think chopsticks are usually the same length). I'd love for you to make me an Avatar so please keep answering questions, easier would be nice, I'm old and the brain ain't what it use to be
                            2000 - Doctors said I would be on Dialysis within 5 years
                            2011 - Still Pre-Dialysis
                            Sept 2011 - GFR: 15 Creatine 3.9
                            Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. - Mae West
                            Doing Good may not do any Good but do GOOD anyway

Comment

Oh JustDee..... you are just too funny! You are getting warmer tho, as they do have something to do with food. Put your "wise" (notice I did not say OLD!!) thinking cap on and adjust those readers and give it another go!!

And, I'll keep the game going for a while so you'll have a good shot at winning, so not to worry!

Comment

Working...
                              X