thinking of chefnancy - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking of chefnancy

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of chefnancy

I couldnt find the right place for this , so here I go . Chefnancy was such an inspiration. she had a large impact on alot of lives. I miss her and just had to say it here. I get on here and I know she wont answer my problems anymore . but I still think an awful lot about her. Sorry ,, but I just had too.
    Adapt and overcome.......

Re: thinking of chefnancy

I understand, Brandy. Someone being gone just leaves a hole in our heart.
    My Writings

Comment

Hi,
      I have not been to the forum for several months. Last time I was on, people were looking for Chef Nancy and wondering if she was all right. It sounds like someone found out she is no longer with us? Could someone who knows if this is true let me know?
      Thanks

Comment

Therock-- she has been gone about 1 month. I didnt know her personally but she had a great impact on my learning about ckd. I could always ask questions and knew she would respond pretty soon. We will always miss her
        Adapt and overcome.......

Comment

Yes I remember her . She was such a huge help to me when I was starting to post and I was asking all of the questions too. No one at the center seemed to know anything. Well I take that back there were a few that could answer some of my questions. I don't know how old she was I didn't think that she was really that old. And I remember she was saying that she had to go to the hospital for a few days for some more treatments. So I am thinking that some of us who are farther along than others me included keep on fairly good terms with those who are in the same household. Wife ,Husband. Children. friends . Don't get in some needless spat with your loved one. I am telling some of the nurses at my center how much I appreciated their kind concern to me when I first showed up at their door. The first week I went there I rode there in an ambulance from a convalescent home and they were told that I couldn't walk. After the dialysis treatment one day I asked them if I could go use the restroom and they said yes and so I walked the length of the room to go use the restroom. and when I came back they told me that the convalescent home had told them that I couldn't walk. ha ha. So I told them I was glad to hear that. And just Wednesday as I was leaving the center with my ride one of the nurses said something to me and I didn't hear it and so I walked back over to where she was working she was filling these syringes with medicine and she told me that some day I am going to feel really great and so I patted her on the shoulder and said thank you and she gave me a big hug. and so I know that some of them really care about us.

Comment

Hi, TheRock, ChefNancy died on May 13th (I'm pretty sure that's the correct date.) We were all looking for her for many weeks and someone had the inspired notion to check the obitiuaries....and sadly, there she was! There is a thread of notices about her that may help you understand what happened and how many people, like yourself, miss her. The title of the postings has recently been changed to "In Memory of ChefNancy" (originally, it was called "ChefNancy, where are you?") Wrwagner has been working hard with the "powers that be" to create a memorial for ChefNancy and I have been in touch with her sister, who lives in New York. I also have her sister's details if you would like to contact her. Please send me a PM for her details if you need them. I hope this helps you.

Comment

FMBK and the others who wrote - Thank you very much for the information about ChefNancy. My Mom also read the forums as a way to learn more about my kidney disease. We would always talk about ChefNancy - we eventually put a picture together of her in our minds as we learned little bits and pieces about her from her posts.

My Mom passed away unexpectedly the first of April so I won't be able to share this sad news with her. ChefNancy was such an important part of the forum - she will be very missed.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your mom. That must be very difficult for you, especially dealing with kidney disease too. My heart goes out to you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

There is actually a photo of ChefNancy on the thread I mentioned. If you haven't already seen it, you might like to take a look....maybe she looks just as you imagined her? She was not far off what I thought she looked like. A good, kind and thoughtful person who was incredibly generous and supportive of us all. You can see that in her eyes.

Kind regards.

Comment

Omg, i am so sorry to hear this. I don't get a chance to get on this forum that much with work, so this was a shock to me to read this.

To her family and friends, this forum and others,
                  she rocked the world. She was an inspiration to me when i first joined this forum.
                  I will miss her.
                  Cheryl
                  sigpic "In order to be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid"
                  The words of an old and wise Apache Indian.

Comment

To all, I am continuing to work with the DaVita staff in getting this memorial in place. I will make sure this thread gets added as well. Hang in, we are almost there.

Thanks for keeping the memory of Chefnancy alive.

God Bless you all,

Comment

I often think of Chefnancy and wonder how she is cooking up a storm in Heaven! How lucky the angels and the saints are while we continue to struggle with our ailments. There are plenty of other good people here and Chefnancy is ONE GOOD item we all have shared in our hearts, minds and lives.

I miss her sarcasm in getting me straightened out for yet another day...she was the Davita Mother for all of us. Without her, I would never have gone through the "listing" phase or even faced dealing with having a fistula put in. Minor now compared to how you look at it on the other side. But she was always there to hold your hand - to calm your fears - to make you feel WHOLE again. She gave you the torch to carry on while facing the wall that we all have to face - dialysis.

I hope they make a nice memorial somewhere - I would like to visit - to place my flowers - to say a prayer and hope that she is still there - somehow - holding our hands, leading our way to a face life fully with CKD.

Comment

BC ~ that was beautiful, and so true.....she really was like a mother holding our hands and trying to calm our fears. I miss her.
                        ~ddarling~

Comment

I was thinking about Chefnancy just today. I too remember when I first came to this site scared and confused and just thinking my diagnosis was the end of the world. She answered questions and helped me understand some of what was going on and and encouraged me to get another Dr. when the one I was going to wasn't up to par. How great she was to be there for all of us. Who knew you could feel affection for someone you never met! I never heard HER complain about what was going on with her and apparently she was more ill than she let on. Brave brave lady.

Here's to you Chefnancy!

Comment

and more tears for chefnancy...Just cause i miss her and hear all these sweet things said about her and wish she were here to hear them and shed somemore of her wisdome with us.. Miss ya kind lady,,,,,,,

Comment

I sure miss ChefNancy, when I first signed on to this sitea couple of years ago, and join , she was 1 of the first people that chatted with me, gave me encouragement and would send me information and words of wisdom, I have gone through a divorce and now in a very happy relationship with the most caring, supportive man. I told him about her and how she fgot me through some really bad, scary days. I admire her still and miss her now that Im back on site. GOD BLESS YOU ChefNancy, your still loved and appreciated , I remember your strength that you shared not only with me , but everyone who had the pleasure of being your friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X