X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers neede

My dad went into the hospital yesterday for shortness of breath. He was really struggling and is very weak. They have done chest x-ray and it was clear. They say it is some sort of bacterial infection. Now of course my dad has C-diff. He usually gets this anytime he goes into the hospital. Please pray that he gets better. He will be in the hospital until at least Monday. It will be three years on the 21st that he became very ill and went into renal failure. Him being in the hospital just brings all of those same feelings back. I really hope that they can control his shortness of breath. There has been no mention of CHF. I am worried and want to be at the hospital all the time but I just can't. I'm feeling selfish for saying this. I am very worried but in a strange way feel calm. All of these different emotions are very exhausting. I am feeling very guilty for going to work tonight. My dad seemed stable so I thought it would be ok for me to go to work. I am just rambling on, sorry. I am just afraid that this is going to take its toll on him. I haven't seen him this weak in a very very long time. Please pray and thank you for letting me get things off my chest.

Re: Prayers neede

Hi Jody, don't feel guilty. I will be praying.
    ~ddarling~

Comment

I will pray for both you and for your Dad.

Comment

Hi Jody, you don't need to struggle over if you are being selfish or not. It is understandable that you are having difficulty with a bunch of emotions arising right now. Keeping it inside would not be beneficial to you so it is infact the smart thing to do to talk to us. You are not being selfish at all! I will pray for your dad and as well for you and for strength to help you both through this time.

Take care and thanks for keeping us up to date as we care!
        Angie
        Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
        I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
        • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
        • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
        • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Thank you for all the prayers. I will keep everyone updated when I learn anything new about my dad. I still keep praying. I am still feeling guilty for not being with him all the time. I know he needs his rest. I will make sure that he has the best fathers day he can tomorrow.

Comment

Jody,
            I understand how you feel...I have been in a similar situation when my father was in the hospital and I wanted to be there but couldn't be there at all times. I will keep you and your father in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Shelly
            Other people's opinions of me do not have to become my reality.

I do not have to attend every argument that I am invited to.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
              Thank you for all the prayers. I will keep everyone updated when I learn anything new about my dad. I still keep praying. I am still feeling guilty for not being with him all the time. I know he needs his rest. I will make sure that he has the best fathers day he can tomorrow.
              Hi Jody,

Thanks for considering us as your friends and sharing how you feel with us. I will pray for you and for your father. Please take care of yourself so that you will have the strength to take care of your father.

pal

Comment

I am praying for your Father's healing, and for your strength. I do believe in the power or prayer.

Comment

Jody, I will be praying for your father and you. Feeling selfish is normal. Going back to work doesn't mean you are walking away from the problem. You are there in prayer, in spirit, in faith. God's Speed.

Comment

Working...
                  X