Inspirational quotes - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inspirational quotes

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
    Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

Comment

Comment

• "Difficulty is the very air of a miracle" -- Elizabeth Elliot

"I walked a mile with Pleasure, She chatted all the way; But left me none the wiser, For all she had to say.
          I walked a mile with Sorrow, And ne'er a word said she; But oh the things I learned from her, When sorrow walked with me. -- Author unk.

"It has to be proven from time to time (to the underworld, as in Job's case, as well as to this world) that there is such a thing as obedient faith, faith that is not dependent on receiving benefits only. The world must be shown - shown the very guts of faith." -- Elizabeth Elliot

Comment

• Having posted this, I would still like to return to the old format and bring back many of the core members who truly cared about others and were inspirational to us all. I guess I haven't moved on yet.

May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Comment

• positive quotes

If you think about disaster, you will get it. Brood about death and you hasten your demise. Think positively and masterfully, with confidence and faith, and life becomes more secure, more fraught with action, richer in achievement and experience.
              - Swami Vivekananda

positive quotes

Comment

• People who can sense your sorrow behind your smile, the love behind your anger and the meaning behind your silence, are your true friends in life.
                May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Comment

• Originally posted by Marina View Post
                  nice one...

Comment

• Thank you, Tonia I really like this quote!! Being CKD is not the end of being a person-- I can still volunteer and make a change to others daily--another form of cardio exercise!!

Comment

• I am one of the luckiest people ever to have had PKD. I found out early, had a brother who'd already traveled the path,and took good care of myself so I was a great transplant candidate. But most importantly of all, I married a woman who was a match!! I had a preemptive transplant on May 11, 2015 without having to spend a single day on dialysis and with no complications to this point. Like I said- incredibly lucky! Every day I read about those who have not been so lucky and am acutely aware of the end-of-the-rainbow existence I've had. My inspirational words are a poem I wrote for my wife on the 1 year anniversary of her incredible gift to me. May each of you receive your gift of love!

The Gift of Love
                      I knew the day was coming, had known it for some time
                      The waiting game my mother played was now a game of mine
                      You see my kidneys were defective, attacked by PKD
                      Soon their job of cleaning blood would be done by a machine

Though there was another option, a hope that never died
                      That a perfect matching kidney could be taken from the side
                      Of a generous, loving donor, someone that must exist
                      Their gift would free me from a life of hemodialysis

But how to find this person, where to begin my search
                      Placed my name upon a list and hoped to get to first
                      I didnít know how long itíd take or if itíd be in time
                      The agonizing kidney watch kept ticking in my mind

And then my angel spoke to me, she said sheíd give the gift
                      I could have her kidney if the doctors said itíd fit
                      So she went through all the testing, got questioned and got poked
                      And when they finished checking her, they said it was a go

It was hard for me to comprehend, this gift would give me life
                      But the kidney would be taken from the left side of my wife
                      I was hesitant to do it, I didnít want her hurt
                      But then she looked me in the eye and said, ďItís going to work.Ē

I marveled at her courage, and her kindness, and her love
                      And knew this special angel had been sent from up above
                      She offered me a part of her without a second thought
                      And with that kidney and her love a second chance was bought

So Iíll wrestle with my grandson and Iíll kayak on the lake
                      Iíll be free to fully frolic on vacations that we take
                      I will live my life completely, not strapped to a machine
                      Because a woman loved me and allowed me to be free

I loved her when I married her, I love her more today
                      When asked about this scar I wear, I have only this to say
                      Iíve been loved by many people and been given many gifts
                      But that is my reminder of the granting of a wish

As we grow old together and our numbered days decline
                      Not a single one will pass without her being on my mind
                      And when we go to bed at night, her kidneys side by side
                      Iíll say a little prayer for her, and thank God for my wife

Comment

• "When life gets you down you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming." - Dory, first movie of Finding Nemo

It reminds me to go on ahead in life no matter the circumstances as long as we're able to, until we can't go on anymore. Being an optimist really helps.

Comment

• We are put on this earth to learn what Love is, by learning what Love is not.

Quote by: Fernando Macias Jr.

Comment

Working...
                          X