X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOW EVERYTHING SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE

I have been in stage 4 for 2 years now but all other labs have been OK. Now my Cholesterol has gotten to high at 230 and by AC1 test came back as a 6 so just over the border line for diabetics. Trying to do a decent diet but finding it impossible to keep sugar, Carbs, Cholesterol, and Protein down while still getting enough calories to sustain a healthy body, shooting for 1800 calories a day but many days are less than 1200 and some of the other values still go beyond what they should be. Starting a Statin drug next week for Cholesterol control and don’"t like that one bit. How are others doing this?
    Last edited by oldbebo; 07-28-2018, 07:38 PM.

I'm in stage 4 too....i also had high cholesterol. Didn't want to take drug, so i drank lots of water and walked, within 6 months i'd lost weight and lost the need for more pills. I've stopped eating beef, no dairy except an occasional egg, especially No Cheese or Processed foods out of a box or bacon, hot dogs or deli meat. best of luck.

Comment

I have done all of what you have done and I have lost weight and lowered Cholesterol but not enough. Don’t want to lose anymore weight. It would seem that you now get most of your calories from carbs. Since I am also border line diabetic I should lower my carb intake. Pretty much impossible to lower carbs, sugar, protein and still get decent nutrition.

Comment

Good luck.
        Last edited by nydiagflores; 07-30-2018, 07:21 PM.

Comment

I'm a newly diagnosed CKD patient, who has fibromyalgia, diabetes, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, vit D deficient, IBD, and COPD. This is what's got me confused. Everything until now, I've learned and have been doing well with high protein, low carbs. Now i'm told to lower the protein. What am I suppose to do....live on water? LOL I'm just as frustrated as you sound, oldbebo. Any advise appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Sumerino View Post
            I'm a newly diagnosed CKD patient, who has fibromyalgia, diabetes, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, vit D deficient, IBD, and COPD. This is what's got me confused. Everything until now, I've learned and have been doing well with high protein, low carbs. Now i'm told to lower the protein. What am I suppose to do....live on water? LOL I'm just as frustrated as you sound, oldbebo. Any advise appreciated!
            Well here is what I am doing as of 3 days ago. I signed up the the free version of MyFitnessPal.com And I just try to keep these nutritional values below or above (as in Fiber) these levels. Carbs <200, Protein <70, Cholesterol <200, Fiber >30, Sugar <60. Sodium <2,000.. The problem is that I have a hard time getting over 1400 calories which is to little for me and I don’t want to lose anymore weight.
            Have the best results with Sodium because I have been under 1,000 all 3 days and don’t see any problem with that unless I eat out. Potassium I think I am fine but that is kind of a guess. I guess it can be done but it sure is a lot of work.

Comment

Hope this might help!

https://www.livestrong.com/article/4...low-vitamin-d/

Comment

Working...
              X