X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teriyaki and Pineapple Salmon - Gluten Free

[DISCLAIMER: The recipes I share are non-dialysis and fit into the guidelines that "I" have received from "my' dieticians / nutritionists. They may or may not be appropriate for you, so be sure to check with your own doctor/dietician/nutritionist. Different stages of kidney disease have different requirements for diet and should be based on your own lab results.]

[RECIPES: Because of multiple health issues, some of which make cooking/meal preparation difficult, I search the internet for recipes that are quick, fast, easy, and simple. And only for allowable foods that I like....LOL. I am trying to be as strict as possible in eating from the lists of allowable foods only, while still trying to ensure that I meet basic nutritional needs as given to me by "my" health team.]
    ================================================== ====
    http://www.diet.com/recipe/teriyaki-pineapple-salmon-gf

Teriyaki and Pineapple Salmon - Gluten Free
    Serves: 4

Ingredients:
    ¼ cup Kikkoman Gluten Free Teriyaki sauce (or ¼ cup Kikkosman Gluten Free soy sauce with 2 tablespoons brown sugar)
    1 15.25-ounce can pineapple rings (own juice), plus 1/3 cup juice from the can
    4 salmon filets
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
    1 Whisk teriyaki sauce (or soy sauce, brown sugar) and the 1/3 cup pineapple juice in a large bowl. Add pineapple rings and salmon and gently stir to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
    2 Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high, or oven to 400°F.
    3 Remove the salmon and pineapple from the marinade and pat dry; reserve the marinade. Oil the grill rack. Grill the salmon and pineapple until the salmon is cooked through and the pineapple is marked, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
    4 Whisk the reserved marinade and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, until reduced and thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Serve the salmon and pineapple drizzled with the sauce.

Nutrition Information:
    Calories: 298
    Protein: 23 g
    Carbs: 18 g
    Fat: 15 g
    Saturated Fat: 4 g
    Sodium: 396 mg
    Fiber: 1 g

[MY COMMENTS: I would use unsalted butter and low solium soy sauce to cut down on the salt content.]
Working...
X