what are some free foods?popcorn,plain rice cakes? - Welcome to the myDaVita Kidney Disease and Dialysis Forums

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are some free foods?popcorn,plain rice cakes?

Page Title Module
Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are some free foods?popcorn,plain rice cakes?

what else is considered free foods to eat?what specific vegetables?

Fats and simple sugars are considered free foods and contain only small amounts of potassium, sodium or phosphorus when used in the amounts listed to eat. You do need to count the fluid in free beverages.
    Most things you are going to eat you will still need need to watch potassium/phosphorus/sodium levels. Pretty much nothing is totally free. You still have to watch your numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1scaredycat View Post
      Fats and simple sugars are considered free foods and contain only small amounts of potassium, sodium or phosphorus when used in the amounts listed to eat. You do need to count the fluid in free beverages.
      Most things you are going to eat you will still need need to watch potassium/phosphorus/sodium levels. Pretty much nothing is totally free. You still have to watch your numbers.
      Not trying to argue, but where did you learn, or read, that fluids in free foods do not have to be counted? My dieticians told me to count every fluid oz., popsicles for example, jello, ect...

Comment

Originally posted by Loganwon View Post
        Not trying to argue, but where did you learn, or read, that fluids in free foods do not have to be counted? My dieticians told me to count every fluid oz., popsicles for example, jello, ect...
        Scaredycat said that "you do need to count the fluid in free beverages."

Comment

Originally posted by CinPin View Post
          Scaredycat said that "you do need to count the fluid in free beverages."
          I must have misread that before, my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Loganwon View Post
            Read again I said they DO NEED to be counted.

Comment

Working...
            X