X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Pot Recipes

I am trying to find recipes for the instant pot for people with Kidney Disease. The instant is a very useful cooking tool. It replaces slow cookers, pressure cookers frying pans and many more kitchen appliances. For example, you can cook frozen chicken or pork with vegatables in under 20 minutes. I made a beef stew with potatoes, carrots, onions and celery in 20 minutes. The only thing I don't know is how to calculate the ingredients to make it a ckd recipe. No more spending 6 to 8 hours using a slow cooker.

I recently bought a hot pot as well and am also looking for recipes. What you can cook depends on your dietary restrictions. For example, if you have high potassium then there are many vegetables to avoid or use sparingly. Or if you are on dialysis, you have to follow your guidelines for liquid. You can look on the internet for recipes and then eliminate the ones with ingredients you should not use. So far I have only tried a pot roast which was not all that good. I will keep trying, though.

Comment

Working...
    X