X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast Cereal

My brother is super new at dialysis and I am trying to help him with meal planning and getting through this because he is quite young. He wants cereal and I am going crazy trying to find an acceptable cereal. Any suggestions?

Hi claughing, welcome to myDaVita! I'm sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis and we understand that adjusting to an entirely new diet can be challenging and seem extremely overwhelming. It's great that you've already started to work with the DaVita Diet Helper!

You can also search over 1,000 kidney-friendly recipes on DaVita.com. Here is one for Multigrain Hot Cereal that your brother may enjoy: https://goo.gl/531w4Q. I'd also recommend speaking to a local dietitian as everyone's needs are different. They will be able to address any specific questions you have regarding what your brother can and can't eat.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions about myDaVita in the meantime! We're here to help.

Wishing you and your family all the best!
    Kelsey

Comment

Depending on his potassium levels, he may want to limit how much milk he uses, and might want to avoid raisin bran.

Comment

Hi! I responded on your other post too but one that I eat is Rice Chex with Almond milk.

Comment

Working...
        X